Red Sea / Houthi rebels situation

Don
It is strange, we have carrier fleet actions against some desert Arabs armed with drones and some missiles but against the mighty Russia, a trench warfare attrition battle ongoing without a forsee able conclusion.
Its not that strange right, UK and US isnt going to risk direct confrontation against Russia but against some rebels in a desert might as well, its going to cost more if they dont do something... and Russia knows that Ukraine wont be able to outlast them without support from the west in the attrition warfare, its going to be interesting to see what happens after winter finishes and what state both Russian and Ukraine are in.

Stelly

Last edited:
Soldato
Its not that strange right, UK and US isnt going to risk direct confrontation against Russia but against some rebels in a desert might as well, its going to cost more if they dont do something... and Russia knows that Ukraine wont be able to outlast them without support from the west in the attrition warfare, its going to be interesting to see what happens after winter finishes and what state both Russian and Ukraine are in.

Stelly

Yeah, it's not strange but peculiar the way things work. With our combined air power a dent could be made in Russia very quickly but we're not going to do that. For obvious reasons unless directly attacked.

Man of Honour
Can already see Evris leadership’s reaction when they realise they have delivered these strikes to the next door neighbour… They are going to be like “oman” what have we done.

Evri would probably follow their usual policy - say it was delivered to the right address and signed for and left in a "safe place" and nothing went wrong at all.

EDIT: Excellent pun!

Last edited:
Soldato
Man of Honour
I'm doubting one round of strikes will accomplish much, guessing things are going to escalate.

Last edited:
Don
I'm doubting one round of strikes will accomplish much, guessing things are going to escalate.
UK cant really do it, UK armed forces are in a mess, I dont think the US would go it alone... I dont think it will escalate, maybe more air strikes, possibly actual US bombers being used, but like I said I dont think more than special forces would be used in a boots on the ground situation.

Stelly

Last edited:
Man of Honour
UK cant really do it, UK armed forces are in a mess, I dont think the US would go it alone... I dont think it will escalate, maybe more air strikes, possibly actual US bombers being used, but like I said I dont think more than special forces would be used in a boots on the ground situation.

Stelly

Potentially we won't have much choice if they are able to put enough pressure on shipping and are capable of being resupplied or have stockpiles of sufficient weapons to continue to wage a campaign including a threat to military vessels.

Don
Potentially we won't have much choice if they are able to put enough pressure on shipping and are capable of being resupplied or have stockpiles of sufficient weapons to continue to wage a campaign including a threat to military vessels.
With the potential of both Albion and Bulwark being mothballed, and Marines having to justify their existence... having a defence secretary who has been installed by a prime minister who was always trying his best to cut defence budget and capability when he was Chancellor its a proper grim time the UK Armed Forces. Not having met recruitment targets since 2010... most subs being laid up due to lack of berths for maintenance... its going to be interesting

Stelly

Last edited:
Soldato

Love the comment underneath that photo

"if you can see it, it's not after you".

Probably. Never mind, Trump will be in soon and he will just nuke everyone. Then sign a pact with Russia that includes Putin taking over all of Europe in return for exclusive hotel building rights for the Trump family.

Man of Honour
Biggest mistake was getting carriers.

We can't afford them , money and man power wise.

More A's with more tankers was the way forward.

I'm not sure we can really afford to be without carriers either - the UK's diminished presence on the world stage becomes a vicious circle if we aren't careful.

Though maybe we should have looked at something more like the US's LHD amphibious assault ships - not really sure how the cost stack up versus a full carrier (EDIT: Might be a bit of a false economy and still incur quite a lot of the other expenses, resource requirements and crew, etc. anyhow - but maybe something along those lines could have been done).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom