*** Resident Evil 2 Remake ***

Permabanned
Just to be clear when I said original remake, I meant the first resident evil that had a remake.

This one: https://store.steampowered.com/app/304240/Resident_Evil__biohazard_HD_REMASTER/

No need to go play the original game :p

Yep, that's the one I've got. :)

I would also like to see a RE1 full remake like RE2 Remake. I really hope this sells well.

It's be good to get all the early RE's remade, even remaking 4 would be good. I'd bet on them all selling well.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
I just hope the remake retains the atmosphere of the original.

Remember this?

Agreed! It is one of the things I loved about Resident Evil 0-3 & CV. Was not the same after that imo, not just with sound but in pretty much every way. That is why I am so excited about this game.

Associate
This will be the only game I'm ever likely to purchase the deluxe version for the original soundtrack swap.

That Haunting music when you're walking around the police station lobby, very subtle but terrifying.

I recently started a play through of resi 2 and that was the one thing that really stood out to me after all these years.

Less is very often more.

Soldato
This will be the only game I'm ever likely to purchase the deluxe version for the original soundtrack swap.

That Haunting music when you're walking around the police station, very subtle but terrifying.

I recently started a play through of resi 2 and that was the one thing that really stood out to me after all these years.

Less is very often more.

Is the deluxe version digital only? Cant seem to find it on Amazon and ShopTo.

Soldato
https://twitter.com/RE_Games/status/1057648394045415424

For those of us that wanted Clair and Leon to look more like the game we remember, they have added in the classic(ish) costumes for free! I love that they listen to fans. I did actually suggest they could do this earlier in the thread, so i'm very happy they have done it.

Pre-ordered from Voidu. I generally don't preorder, but from what i have seen this game will be worth it and I don't want to risk the price shooting up after release for ages and having to pay more. Just hope Voidu is a legit site as i have never heard of them before, but a few people mentioned them in the gaming deals thread.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
https://twitter.com/RE_Games/status/1057648394045415424

For those of us that wanted Clair and Leon to look more like the game we remember, they have added in the classic(ish) costumes for free! I love that they listen to fans. I did actually suggest they could do this earlier in the thread, so i'm very happy they have done it.

Pre-ordered from Voidu. I generally don't preorder, but from what i have seen this game will be worth it and I don't want to risk the price shooting up after release for ages and having to pay more. Just hope Voidu is a legit site as i have never heard of them before, but a few people mentioned them in the gaming deals thread.

I have pre ordered with them also. Probably the cheapest price right now at £30.60 using the BLUEWINTER voucher code. Quidco do 5% cashback also. They also had a £3.50 bonus cashback on a purchases recently, so I used that. Need to have look and see if that tracked.

Used Voidu to pre-order Soulcalibur 6 recently, had no issues. Also used them for another game before that. They seem to be the new CDKeys, as that website is going downhill.

Happy to hear that we get the classic costumes for free. Only 11 weeks left until release now :)

Soldato
Ahh, I think it was your post that alerted me to them. I went for the deluxe edition as the price ended up at £35 with the 5% quidco, which seems to be the going rate for the normal version everywhere else.

I used the quidco £3.50 offer on CDkeys the day before to buy The Evil Within 2. I think you get the bonus £3.50 once the cashback is confirmed, so it could be a fair long wait to get it.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Ahh, I think it was your post that alerted me to them. I went for the deluxe edition as the price ended up at £35 with the 5% quidco, which seems to be the going rate for the normal version everywhere else.

I used the quidco £3.50 offer on CDkeys the day before to buy The Evil Within 2. I think you get the bonus £3.50 once the cashback is confirmed, so it could be a fair long wait to get it.
For the most part I am not a fan of skins, so skipped the deluxe version. Had they done something like I suggested here before where you get the classic Resident Evil 2 but with updated graphics, I would have purchased the deluxe version for sure.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
I hope this has 3440x1440 support. :p
Did RE7 eventually get UW support? As I recall a lot of people being frustrated it was not working even a month after release, while I had already completed at 4K no problems :p

Not long left now. Starting to get excited. I wonder if the PC will get the 30 minute demo?

Caporegime
Did RE7 eventually get UW support? As I recall a lot of people being frustrated it was not working even a month after release, while I had already completed at 4K no problems :p

Not long left now. Starting to get excited. I wonder if the PC will get the 30 minute demo?

Not officially, CAPCOM said UW would break it (or something), but there was a hack released by someone, so probs have to be the same again, as its supposedly on the same engine as 7.

EDIT: Just booted it up, which ive not done for eons now.

Booted up in 4k, where it was fine, fullscreen, but when i switched it to native 3440x1440, it black barred the sides :p

Its looks fine in 4k, just a stuttery mess with it only being 60hz, as im used to 144/100hz now, could never go back to that :D

Another weird thing, because my monitor has a HDR mode (not a proper one), it booted the game up in HDR, and switched to it, which was odd, as Win 7 don't do it. :p

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Not officially, CAPCOM said UW would break it (or something), but there was a hack released by someone, so probs have to be the same again, as its supposedly on the same engine as 7.

EDIT: Just booted it up, which ive not done for eons now.

Booted up in 4k, where it was fine, fullscreen, but when i switched it to native 3440x1440, it black barred the sides :p

Its looks fine in 4k, just a stuttery mess with it only being 60hz, as im used to 144/100hz now, could never go back to that :D

Another weird thing, because my monitor has a HDR mode (not a proper one), it booted the game up in HDR, and switched to it, which was odd, as Win 7 don't do it. :p
Windows 7?? :eek:

Associate
most hyped I've ever been for a game other than metal gear solid (the last one disappointed me so much) I don't pre order nor do i get deluxe games but doing both for this, I'm staying away from further trailers and info from what it looks like its the perfect remake all I've wanted in a resident evil remake and a return to true survival horror.

Associate
For the most part I am not a fan of skins, so skipped the deluxe version. Had they done something like I suggested here before where you get the classic Resident Evil 2 but with updated graphics, I would have purchased the deluxe version for sure.

me neither im only getting deluxe for the original soundtrack. its 43 quid on gmg which is nearly as cheap as normal copy on steam store.

Soldato
Am I the only one who thinks having OST swap as a deluxe edition exclusive is a real ****** thing to do? That sort of thing was included as a bonus easter egg in games in the past, now it's a dangling carrot to get people to spend a decent amount more on what is essentially just some new skins, again, most of which would have been unlockable in game when this original was released. I feel so disconnected from modern gaming honesty.

Back
Top Bottom