*** Resident Evil 2 Remake ***

Soldato
Can someone answer me this about the game, I've got the medallions and just left the police station...

Will I be returning? as I know there's loads I didn't do. I never found the green shamrock key, just red, never found both key buttons for the armament lockers, only one, didn't find the lever to use the car jack in the library, didn't unlock both safes only one, didn't get any combos for the letter padlocks. I'm in the car park at the moment but I have a game save before I left so I can go back.

Soldato
Can someone answer me this about the game, I've got the medallions and just left the police station...

Will I be returning? as I know there's loads I didn't do. I never found the green shamrock key, just red, never found both key buttons for the armament lockers, only one, didn't find the lever to use the car jack in the library, didn't unlock both safes only one, didn't get any combos for the letter padlocks. I'm in the car park at the moment but I have a game save before I left so I can go back.

Yes you have to come back - you will get the key and the jack.

As the buttons and safes are not a necessity, i googled this as didn't want to backtrack a million times, so opened them as i came across them (fnar fnar).

Associate
Enjoying the game so far but one tech issue, not sure if it is the game, AMD (running a Vega 64) or a combination.

I did the first run through as Leon, with no real issues but did it all with headphones plugged in to a sound card and started the 2nd run with Claire the same way.
Today I thought I'd just play it via my home cinema amp and give Dolby Atmos a go.

Doing this works for a bit - but we're talking minutes, rather than hours - before it locks up, freezes the PC, black screens and then reboots. ):

Checking the event logs shows it is basically blue screening/rebooting from a bugcheck, looking up the bugcheck code - 0x00000116 - it seems it is related to the GFX TDR (Timeout Detection and Recovery).
And it's not just Atmos that causes it, it just seems to be using the HDMI out to the AMP for audio is the issue, as any sound setting in RE2 when using that sound device has the same issue.

My setup is two DP connections to two monitors and then the HDMI is connected out to an AMP, AMP to a TV which is off at the time.

I'm leaning towards it being the Vega as I've had bluescreens with it trying to game at 4K on the TV running through the amp before, which I kind of gave up on. Tried reporting it once but never heard back.
Might try this all again and test out the TDR registry settings for changing the timeouts etc or just disabling it to see what happens.

Game is good on headphones though so I'll probably just finish it off that way.

Soldato
Would be great if they made a series based on this game... Maybe the early days back in 1966 Edward Ashford and Spencer when they set up and build the mansion!

We've seen so many zombie films... Why not create a series that is based in the late 60's and shows how the T virus is made and progresses to become out of control.

Remember the old days when you'd play a game because you loved the movie etc.... This could be the modern spin

Soldato

I wondered the exact same thing having never played the original.

Back
Top Bottom