Resident Evil 3 Remake

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Completed it on Nightmare with S-rank....still wasn't enough to unlock the Rocket Launcher though :(

Shall I bother with Inferno without it or will it be too tough?

I liked that Brad turned up again inside the Police station on Nightmare mode
I have only completed it 3 times and am not far away from rocket launcher. What you may want to do is play on assisted difficulty and go to the hospital where you are Carlos, if you do not plant the bomb the zombies keep coming. You can get a lot of kills there :D

Nice touch with Brad.

Associate
yea always keep a save before that hospital fight, you can easily rack up the kills with the pistol and machine gun, I then use a later save with Jill to get magnum and GL kills, magnum was pretty non existent in the story mode, its a bit out of the way and not really needed, also some other future dlc ideas, as mikhail or tyrell, tyrell i thought was great in the game, maybe his journey leaving rpd to get to the hospital ?

Soldato
Grabbed it and so far not really enamored with it, I paid half-price and even that might be a stretch.

Started immediately on Hardcore, taking my time looking at every detail.

It looks very good and runs flawlessly but everything up to the demo section has been one big cutscene and downtown feels ridiculously small so far. The game really throws you along a very linear path with lots of cutscenes along the way and skipping all that padding is going to get annoying during replays. It's sad because there's very little of that in RE2 and I was immediately captivated when I entered the RPD, so like 5 mins into the game.

I haven't played 3, only watched let's plays of it when I was younger but if downtown is supposed to be the best section of the remake, then it doesn't bode well. It feels like it could've been a truly great game had they added just a few more (even smaller) locations to explore, some more puzzles and a few branching paths, item randomizer mode and Mercenaries and I doubt people would've been as disappointed.

I'm not actually judging the length yet as I'm taking my time and the game stops the clock during item management this time round.

Associate
So i've played the story about 4 times now, played blind in normal and then hardcore casually with japanese audio which change it up a little. Definitely feels short the game but i'm having bit of fun trying to get S rank at the moment and unlocking all the shop items before tackling nightmare and inferno for me.

Soldato
god damn freaks, is it me or are pale heads really hard to put down, i think i used about 9 flame rounds from the grenade launcher and still that one dam thing wouldnt stay down lol
i even tried acid rounds on them and its still hard to put them down :/

they have super regenerative powers hahaha

also is it me or are some zombies in this game harder to put down than others. for instance some take 5-7 shots to the head and some take 1 shot and some average out at around 4-5 shots.
i think the more rotten the corpse`s are the more difficult they are hahah

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Yeah, you need to quickly hit them, give no time to recover. One or two magnum to the head should do it depending on the difficulty. I am not sure flame throws the right thing to be using, shotgun would be more effective than that.

1:11:39 on Inferno S Rank thanks to the rocket launcher.

That's me done now, I have all the achievements and all the records. Literally nothing else to do.
Nice. Maybe give the reshade mod out there a go at some point. It say something about ray tracing like effects, but I am not sure about that.

I have not played it for a couple of days now, but I should be getting the rocket launcher by the time I have completed my current play through (4th) :p

What is your steam clock at?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I ended up on 26 hours if I remember right , one of the best playthroughs I did was getting minimalist due to not being able to use RL :p
I did minimalist and I might need that later achievements on the same playthrough, was scared I would forget and open the item box or consume a herb or something as at the time I thought there was an achievement for 0 saves also so was doing that too. Was on the assisted difficulty though, so was not to bad :p

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Made a new list to include the original Resident Evil as on my old list I did not have it included and just considered the Remake as Resident Evil. Also after reflecting further I made a change to the list where Resident Evil Remake takes the top spot.

1- Resident Evil Remake
2- Resident Evil 2
3- Resident Evil: Code Veronica
4- Resident Evil
5- Resident Evil 3
6- Resident Evil 2 Remake
7- Resident Evil 0
8- Resident Evil 3 Remake
9- Resident Evil 4
10- Resident Evil 7
11- Resident Evil 5
12- Resident Evil: Revelations
13- Resident Evil: Revelations 2
14- Resident Evil 6

It really is a shame that with with the awesome graphical updates they were unable to make a masterpiece like the original Resident Evil Remake. That game is what you call a proper remake imo. They kept everything pretty much intact and added new things.

Just image Resident Evil 2 Remake that keeps everything as it is in Resident Evil 2 but actually adds more. Then imagine them making the playthroughs of Leon and Clair more different making each playthrough more unique. Also imagine a system where what you do in Leon’s playthrough has an impact on Clair’s. They had that to a small degree already in the original where you could take the machine gun or expansion slots from a locker or leave it for the other person. Expanding on things like that would have been awesome.

The above would immediately make it to top of my list. In regards to Resident Evil 3 Remake, the same applies really. Keep everything from the original but expand it. Further link together the story of Resident Evil 2 Remake. That would make it take number 2 slot or at worse 3. But oh well, we got what we got, better than nothing I suppose.

Soldato
I'm having fun somewhat, just entered the sewers. The game doesn't feel that short because I started on HC and I'm replaying sections to try stuff and play around with dodges to minimise damage. Still, it really lacks some puzzles and cool little places to explore. What's there in the streets is nice but it should be three times the size, really.

Nemesis is terribly implemented and I'm actually glad he's not stalking for longer periods in this game as he's just plain annoying instead of being scary. He can outrun you and two-shot you to the back when you can't see him so I'm forced to either turn the camera around and risk running into stuff/zombies or go out of my way to stop him. And it doesn't help that Jill won't go through doors if I'm not facing them exactly right so yeah.

Maybe I'll get my money's worth for the 20-something quid I paid but I really don't think I'll replay this much. The game's structure, pointless cinematic segments and lots of cutscenes make me think replays are going to be tedious, especially on Inferno where I'm going to get stomped every minute.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I'm having fun somewhat, just entered the sewers. The game doesn't feel that short because I started on HC and I'm replaying sections to try stuff and play around with dodges to minimise damage. Still, it really lacks some puzzles and cool little places to explore. What's there in the streets is nice but it should be three times the size, really.

Nemesis is terribly implemented and I'm actually glad he's not stalking for longer periods in this game as he's just plain annoying instead of being scary. He can outrun you and two-shot you to the back when you can't see him so I'm forced to either turn the camera around and risk running into stuff/zombies or go out of my way to stop him. And it doesn't help that Jill won't go through doors if I'm not facing them exactly right so yeah.

Maybe I'll get my money's worth for the 20-something quid I paid but I really don't think I'll replay this much. The game's structure, pointless cinematic segments and lots of cutscenes make me think replays are going to be tedious, especially on Inferno where I'm going to get stomped every minute.
Yea, not a fan of the excessive cinematics or the way they implemented Nemasis. But there is replay value for sure if you enjoy unlocking achievements and guns from the shop at the end.

In the end the game cost me £16 from an AMD Bundle which is a bargain already for all the fun I have had :D

Soldato
Yea, not a fan of the excessive cinematics or the way they implemented Nemasis. But there is replay value for sure if you enjoy unlocking achievements and guns from the shop at the end.

In the end the game cost me £16 from an AMD Bundle which is a bargain already for all the fun I have had :D

I will definitely replay anyways, just not sure how many times.

There are things I like about this more than RE2, for example the dodge mechanic, additional difficulties, boss battles and the actual shop with unlockables (that actually serve a purpose, I didn't even get to use inf weapons in 2 as there was no point). I also like the sewers more than in RE2 for some reason. Wish RC was closer to RPD in complexity but what can you do.

TBH, it only needed just a tad more exploration, some branching paths and a few smaller locations to be a 9/10. And Mercenaries.
There are now multiple rumours about Capcom planning to expand the SP with DLC, wouldn't get my hopes up though.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
We'd all play it...

In fact there was a reference to them using parasites instead of the virus in one of the readable things.
That is one that I would not buy day one though, unless I got it for under £20 again. Got RE3R for £16 :D

I just did not enjoy the parasite stuff or the story for RE4. So yeah, I would definitely play some day, but may 6-12 months after release. They should make Code Veronica, I would buy that day one for even £50.

Back
Top Bottom