Resident Evil 7!!!

Soldato
how is this game for pc users?

i got it 2 days ago for xbox one and only done the opening up to where the 'Teaser' starts, got the recon beta last night for console and free weekend of rb6s, so havent touched the game again, but im going to sell my console for 'needs must' once they over and debating whether to hold on to the game till i get another xbox or get it for the pc instead as thats what im going back to for now, just dont want to waste money on a bad port(not decided on gpu purchase yet) lol.

Nothing wrong with PC version aside from no 21:9 ratio support.

Soldato
Finished the game last night after about 8+ hours playtime on normal.

Like said before, disappointed in the game, pretty linear gameplay, same type of enemies, pretty bad graphics mixed with some shiny graphics.

I felt the demo was pretty good, it had the scare factor, the intro to the game and the first few minutes was a good build up.

But I felt a lot of opportunity was wasted in this game, it would had been much nicer if they added more stealth elements to the game like from Alien Isolation, made the family impossible to kill for a long time as they stalk you.

That said, the story and plot was good, it was a good idea to use in the game, it went well together.

At the end of the game, I had so much ammo and heals left, like from a RPG I wish I used it a lot more.

Didn't feel like a RE game to me, it's a spin-off from the series, that said the last RE2 game I played was on my PS1.

Been urging myself to play Revelations.

Last edited:
Soldato
^ I found the visuals to be ok but agree some areas looked better than others, the whole 2nd half of the game seemed to change pace and go a bit off track from what made the early sections a bit stronger! No scary stuff once you have a good amount of ammo as you can just shoot any threats in the face, I was happily running around the environments towards the end, even new areas.

Soldato
Nothing wrong with PC version aside from no 21:9 ratio support.

thats handy to know, i suspect its quite a demanding game hardware wise?

to the last 2 posters, couple people off facebook i talk to have this on ps4 pro in VR format and says it awesome and scares the crap out of you lol, so maybe either get that or get the pc VR version and setup?

but i agree, even from the teaser it didnt feel like a res game, in fact other than revelations 2 on xbox one i havent played a res game since ps1/ps2 era and that revelations was okay for the time i played(got it because it was free on the store), dont understand the story though, ive seen all the movies bar the new one and only res and res 2 seem to live up to the games, after that it just makes no sense to me.

Last edited:
Associate
The first and second are good. After that they're pretty bad.

I watched the second one yesterday after many years, and I although I liked it I did not like it as much as at least a couple of the later ones.
The films are in no way recreations of the games, but I don't think any video game based films are. They are fast-food entertainments, not worthy of any awards, but they give me what I want.

Soldato
Even though this is a reasonable game it must be said one of the negatives is the game is very short. Looking at the end credits its clear the budget was smaller than RE6 as there are a lot less people who worked on it & Capcom appear to have handled all the ports themselves to save money.

After 1 x 5-6 hour playthru on Easy you have seen almost everything the game has to offer apart from a few minor cut scenes if you save the other person nothing else changes graphically you get a few different audio noises on Madhouse but that is it!

Soldato
If you played it on Easy first time round, what did you expect?

That would've taken half the fear out for me in PSVR as I imagine everything is pretty easy to kill.
I played the game through 4 times to get all unlockables & all achievements :rolleyes: its still a very short game that only took 25 hours!

Soldato
So I've now got the grenade launcher and completed the upstairs of the house as much as I can, just need to kill spider-mom :eek:
End of the game already that is how short it is :eek: try to unlock all the goodies by replaying & going for all achvs is the only way to get more playtime out of it sadly until the DLC arrives!

Man of Honour
What that's the end of the game?! Ouch.

I have done a lot of unlocks, but could do a replay in a while I guess.

I want to play RE4 now with that new HD mod. I've never played it before, worth a go I guess?

Associate
I am holding off replaying RE4 until that mod is completely finished. I had a mod from the same guy that was for the old original RE4 release that was basically the PS2 version, it was at the time as good as RE4 got on the PC, made the world of difference. It will be a while before it is all done unfortunately.

Soldato
What that's the end of the game?! Ouch.

I have done a lot of unlocks, but could do a replay in a while I guess.

I want to play RE4 now with that new HD mod. I've never played it before, worth a go I guess?
Yep sadly that it is. Worth playing again if you complete under 4 hours you get an unlock which doubles walking speed then complete again on Madhouse unlocks inf ammo! The game is designed to be completed about 3 or 4 times to unlock everything!

Back
Top Bottom