Resident Evil 7!!!

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Yep sadly that it is. Worth playing again if you complete under 4 hours you get an unlock which doubles walking speed then complete again on Madhouse unlocks inf ammo! The game is designed to be completed about 3 or 4 times to unlock everything!

Starting to fancy playing it again even though I completed it twice. Might play it on the TV with a controller this time and just run through it fast to unlock all the cool stuff and then play the Madhouse mode which would be my 4th play then :)

Soldato
Starting to fancy playing it again even though I completed it twice. Might play it on the TV with a controller this time and just run through it fast to unlock all the cool stuff and then play the Madhouse mode which would be my 4th play then :)
Make sure you have all the unlockables from the other playthrus before trying Madhouse otherwise its too frustrating.

Associate
Make sure you have all the unlockables from the other playthrus before trying Madhouse otherwise its too frustrating.

Both my plays were on madhouse and it was perfectly fine. There's plenty of ammo, healing items, and tapes, with fewer enemies. If you've already played through the game then you know how to deal with everything it can throw at you. With unlocks it's a joke and I wouldn't bother unless you're competing for speed runs.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just saw a PC Gamer article, seems CAPCOM have no plans to officially support 21:9 ultra wide.

Yeah I seen that - shoddy. I honestly thought it looked great after playing the last 5 hours of the game with the hex edit fix - I think you're compromising the FOV a bit - probably closer to playing at 70 but you soon get used to it. I posted a link to a YouTube video earlier in this thread which includes a link to an already prepared file. Really simple to get up and running - it's worth a try...

Soldato
I want to play RE4 now with that new HD mod. I've never played it before, worth a go I guess?

You definitely need to give RE4 a go if you've never played it - it's a fantastic game. It's my favourite of all the ones I've played - which is all of them except 2 & 3 & 0. I missed the original 3 and recently bought the remake of the first one but, as I've mentioned earlier in this thread, I just can't handle the stress of having limited saves...

Soldato
Just defeated jack for the proper time I think it will be anyway. Heading to old house but either I missed them or I haven't seen any links to past re games or umbrella?

Soldato
Just finished this - 11 hour play through on normal. Tried to explore everywhere and watch/read everything. Really enjoyed it bar the final boss battle and the initial boss. could have done with more enemy variation as well.

Caporegime
Both my plays were on madhouse and it was perfectly fine. There's plenty of ammo, healing items, and tapes, with fewer enemies. If you've already played through the game then you know how to deal with everything it can throw at you. With unlocks it's a joke and I wouldn't bother unless you're competing for speed runs.

I agree that there's plenty of tapes, but I'm playing on PS4 and though my aim might not be as good as using a mouse (for the all important headshots) I'm finding it pretty tricky.

I was halfway through the game before I realised the Wesker pistol took standard handgun ammo, so that certainly didn't help but those 4 legged spore monsters that were literally not a threat on Medium are really a pain in the arris on Madhouse.

I'm up to the proving grounds area now, but have died quite a lot. By all accounts the running shoes and bolt cutter thing would have really helped.

Soldato
Loving this so far, but only played an hour or so before I nope'd out lol.Textures are a little blurry, but overall it looks awesome. I changed AA to SMAA which helped sharpen them up, but adds a shimmering effect which I'm not keen on.

Only criticism of the first hour so far is the acting is awful.
Finds his lost girlfriend after 3 years and is just like oh hi, no big embrace that would realistically happen. Then she turns into a monster and he kills her and again is just like meh. Watches a tape of someone getting murdered after walking down a ladder and just immediately goes down the same ladder with not a care in the world.

Just seems a shame when they have put so much effort into making the world look realistic and believable, to then not put that same level of effort into the acting

Caporegime
Only criticism of the first hour so far is the acting is awful.
Finds his lost girlfriend after 3 years and is just like oh hi, no big embrace that would realistically happen. Then she turns into a monster and he kills her and again is just like meh. Watches a tape of someone getting murdered after walking down a ladder and just immediately goes down the same ladder with not a care in the world.

Just seems a shame when they have put so much effort into making the world look realistic and believable, to then not put that same level of effort into the acting

Yeah, Ethan does not react to events like people really would. It's a bit weird.

Associate
Yeah, Ethan does not react to events like people really would. It's a bit weird.
I see what you mean but I think that was intentional. It's like in Halo where Master Chief doesn't say much or have much of a reaction to anything, or even in Half-Life where Gordon Freeman doesn't say a word. I think designing the player character in this way helps wither immersion somehow.

Back
Top Bottom