** Resident Evil Village Thread **

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
I am enjoying more than RE7 for sure. Also more than RE4.

I will replay RE3 Remake after and see which I enjoy more, as this may beat that also. Which is a shame because had they actually done a proper job of RE3R then that would not have been possible based on what I have seen so far.

ne0

ne0

Associate
A few hours in and absolutely in love with this game hah. RE games just tick all the boxes for me and this one is no exception I'm just in my element with this. Looks incredible with RT and HDR, people complaining must be running potatoes seriously get yer eyes tested lol.

Soldato
A few hours in and absolutely in love with this game hah. RE games just tick all the boxes for me and this one is no exception I'm just in my element with this. Looks incredible with RT and HDR, people complaining must be running potatoes seriously get yer eyes tested lol.
Absolutely agree with every thing you said. Wonderful RE goodness. :)

Soldato
Demo was full screen now i can't get shot of black bars down the sides, the game is in full screen, same problem on red dead what am i doing wrong :confused: tried both 3840x2160 and 4096x2160 still the same

Soldato
12.2 hours played yesterday (day off work) according to steam, done 3 bosses so far, think I have two left. Done a lot of running back and forth discovering everything.

Runs like a dream, 100/120fps in almost all areas maxed out (8700k/3070FE). Did a recent replay of RE7 with the dlc as a build up to this and love it, in my top 3 RE games. However i'm starting to think this is the better game. It's not as claustrophobic but much bigger scope and feel like the gunplay is better. Bit of a love letter to RE4 with some of the parts.

Unsure how folks can say it looks bad, probably just contrarians pushing back against a popular game...where have I seen this before? ;)

There is a certain section that kept me on edge all the way through and some imagery that did not sit well with me, made me feel quite sick to the stomach...in a good horror way of course. :D

Seen some random huge frame drops in certain rooms down to low teens that then sort themselves after a minute or two.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
12.2 hours played yesterday (day off work) according to steam, done 3 bosses so far, think I have two left. Done a lot of running back and forth discovering everything.

Runs like a dream, 100/120fps in almost all areas maxed out (8700k/3070FE). Did a recent replay of RE7 with the dlc as a build up to this and love it, in my top 3 RE games. However i'm starting to think this is the better game. It's not as claustrophobic but much bigger scope and feel like the gunplay is better. Bit of a love letter to RE4 with some of the parts.

Unsure how folks can say it looks bad, probably just contrarians pushing back against a popular game...where have I seen this before? ;)

There is a certain section that kept me on edge all the way through and some imagery that did not sit well with me, made me feel quite sick to the stomach...in a good horror way of course. :D

Seen some random huge frame drops in certain rooms down to low teens that then sort themselves after a minute or two.
Wow. I only managed one yesterday. Will probably do one or two today. I have been taking my time and exploring everything. I do not leave an area until I check the map that it is no longer red (meaning there is something in that room).

Soldato
I have been taking my time and exploring everything. I do not leave an area until I check the map that it is no longer red (meaning there is something in that room).

Pretty much the reason my hours are so high, i'm mildly OCD in games like this and hate leaving an area with things to find. I've had to walk away from 3 rooms/areas after scouring them without finding the last bit of loot, I refuse to google and see the answer.

However the game is so good i'm likely to go back and do a replay on hardest difficulty when I finish so will find the secrets 2nd time around :D

Soldato
I've barely even started & I'm already stuck, how the hell are you supposed to survive the attack? I know that this bit is timed & killing all the werewolves isn't the answer but it seems like wherever I go, they keep wrecking me :(

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Pretty much the reason my hours are so high, i'm mildly OCD in games like this and hate leaving an area with things to find. I've had to walk away from 3 rooms/areas after scouring them without finding the last bit of loot, I refuse to google and see the answer.

However the game is so good i'm likely to go back and do a replay on hardest difficulty when I finish so will find the secrets 2nd time around :D
Yeah, that happened to me also, but I figured it could be something that happens later and you grab it on a revisit.

Soldato
I've barely even started & I'm already stuck, how the hell are you supposed to survive the attack? I know that this bit is timed & killing all the werewolves isn't the answer but it seems like wherever I go, they keep wrecking me :(

Keep running around, aim at the head to stun them then run past.

Soldato
Just keep running around maybe take a potshot at the odd one don't waste your ammo on them, eventually a cut scene will kick in.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Was it the second boss? That baby thing was kind of annoying, had to turn down the volume.

Two bosses down, two to go :D

Soldato
Was it the second boss? That baby thing was kind of annoying, had to turn down the volume.

Two bosses down, two to go :D

That part was amazing! Highlights for me were:

castle dimitrescu
house benevento

9/10 - wish it was zombies inhabiting the village etc, but it definitely still worked with what they have done. Felt ResEvil and looked and sounded stunning.

Back
Top Bottom