** Resident Evil Village Thread **

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Think I will go ps5 and re sell it on ......then maybe get it on pc when its dirt cheap.
If I had a PS5 I would do the same. But won't be getting one for another 2 years probably.

Think I will go ps5 and re sell it on ......then maybe get it on pc when its dirt cheap. Cant have 1 missing on my steam list.
Haha. I feel exactly the same. The only one's missing from my steam library are the two multiplayer games which reviewed badly and were expensive so I never bothered. I do not consider them Resident Evil games anyways. They would only serve to dirty my steam library :p

Associate
I hope this is more like RE2/4/5 than RE7. Too much hide and seek in that game. I think I got till Mia's movie play then lost appeal. Thinking of going back into it as its a short playthrough.

Associate
I just started RE7 [I have had it ages] and I am finding it a bit dull, probably the setting of the game. Village looks a lot like RE4 in some ways which I like, when the full gameplay reviews start popping up I will
make my purchase decision then. Definitely not dropping £40 or more on it.

Man of Honour
It’s that time again.

Here is my latest list and where I think RE Village will slot in.

1- Resident Evil Remake
2- Resident Evil 2
3- Resident Evil: Code Veronica
4- Resident Evil
5- Resident Evil 3
6- Resident Evil 2 Remake
7- Resident Evil 0
8- Resident Evil 3 Remake
9- Resident Evil Village
10-Resident Evil 4
11- Resident Evil 7
12- Resident Evil 5
13- Resident Evil: Revelations
14- Resident Evil: Revelations 2
15- Resident Evil 6

The highest I recon it can go based on what I have seen so far is position 7. But you never know. It could also end up is position 12.

I like that list, my only changes would be having 4 at 14th. 4 to me is utterly garbage, I hated it but it's still better than 6. Then I'd have 7 swap places with Resident Evil 0. I really, really enjoyed 7. I loved the setting and the atmosphere. My first playthrough was in VR as well, which was just superb. Kind of sad that Village won't get the same VR love

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
I like that list, my only changes would be having 4 at 14th. 4 to me is utterly garbage, I hated it but it's still better than 6. Then I'd have 7 swap places with Resident Evil 0. I really, really enjoyed 7. I loved the setting and the atmosphere. My first playthrough was in VR as well, which was just superb. Kind of sad that Village won't get the same VR love
Thanks.

Do you go back and play RE7? Is it something you look forward to every few years. That is something that factors into my list. What I find with 7 is, it was a good experience the first time, maybe the second, but nothing about the characters/story etc pull me back for further playthoughs. That is why it is ranked where it is.

At least with RE4 I have fond memories of "Howdy stranger", "whatcha buying?", Whatcha sellin?", "i'll buy it at a high price!" :p

Also the Spanish stuff. As that is my mrs's first language so it was fun finding out what some of the things those zombies are saying from her (yeah I could have googled, but never did). I randomly use them sometimes when the opportunity presents itself for fun :p:D

Man of Honour
Thanks.

Do you go back and play RE7? Is it something you look forward to every few years. That is something that factors into my list. What I find with 7 is, it was a good experience the first time, maybe the second, but nothing about the characters/story etc pull me back for further playthoughs. That is why it is ranked where it is.

That's a good point. I've played 7 through again, but only once and haven't felt the urge to go back. Whereas 1, 2 and 3, including the remakes, I've played through several times from initial release to now, especially 2.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
That's a good point. I've played 7 through again, but only once and haven't felt the urge to go back. Whereas 1, 2 and 3, including the remakes, I've played through several times from initial release to now, especially 2.
Yeah. Maybe if you factor that into your list, the positions will change a little :)

Oh and I updated my last post, so you may have missed some of what I said.

Soldato
TBH, RE7 put me off for some reason and I never even got to play it. Seemed detached from the rest and I didn't care much for Ethan. We got the Bakers and blob monsters instead of zombies and it looked more like a cheap gore flick with cat&mouse segments. It still has that Resi gameplay but something seemed amiss so I ended up skipping it after watching some of it on YT.

Well, at least I didn't need spare underwear because it also seemed quite scary at certain moments:p

8's atmosphere is more up my street but it's still Ethan Winters and still first person so I'm not sure I'll get it, especially having skipped 7.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
TBH, RE7 put me off for some reason and I never even got to play it. Seemed detached from the rest and I didn't care much for Ethan. We got the Bakers and blob monsters instead of zombies and it looked more like a cheap gore flick with cat&mouse segments. It still has that Resi gameplay but something seemed amiss so I ended up skipping it after watching some of it on YT.

Well, at least I didn't need spare underwear because it also seemed quite scary at certain moments:p

8's atmosphere is more up my street but it's still Ethan Winters and still first person so I'm not sure I'll get it, especially having skipped 7.
I would say if you can pick up RE 7 for under a tenner (say £7? :p) it certainly is worth a playthrough, but yeah, it ain’t very Resi and yeah Ethan Winters...

I would not mind if they did a reboot and started all over again or anything that takes us back to the original formula. Saying that, we only just had remakes of 2 and 3 so that won’t happen any time soon. Those both were missed opportunities. They both needed at least another 1 years dev time imo, especially RE3 remake. I mean as much as I enjoyed RE 2 Remake, it could have been so much better.

Soldato
I would say if you can pick up RE 7 for under a tenner (say £7? :p) it certainly is worth a playthrough, but yeah, it ain’t very Resi and yeah Ethan Winters...

I would not mind if they did a reboot and started all over again or anything that takes us back to the original formula. Saying that, we only just had remakes of 2 and 3 so that won’t happen any time soon. Those both were missed opportunities. They both needed at least another 1 years dev time imo, especially RE3 remake. I mean as much as I enjoyed RE 2 Remake, it could have been so much better.

It's on Xbox Games Pass last I checked, that's where I played it through anyway.

Enjoyable game but it wasn't Resident Evil for me, I think if I'd bought it new at full price I'd have been pretty disappointed to be honest. Still unsure about 8, like others I'm not overly keen on Ethan and the first person survival horror style doesn't do it for me. I'll probably wait for a deep sale or for it to pop up on game pass.

Soldato

Yeah, RE3 Remake was really disappointing. I also wouldn't mind having the original formula back in some form. Same as Gray, RE7 doesn't do it for me with the first person, Ethan and overall style.

Preferably, they should just make a new game in the same style as RE2 Remake with a fresh story/location but classic characters and improved gameplay.

Soldato
Pre-ordered Village today from CDKeys for £37.99. As safe a pre-order as possible for me as I loved all the RE games, even 6! Started a second playthrough of 7 yesterday to sate my appetite a bit. Man, has there even been a more intense, messed up first hour to a game as this before! Love it!!

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
It's on Xbox Games Pass last I checked, that's where I played it through anyway.

Enjoyable game but it wasn't Resident Evil for me, I think if I'd bought it new at full price I'd have been pretty disappointed to be honest. Still unsure about 8, like others I'm not overly keen on Ethan and the first person survival horror style doesn't do it for me. I'll probably wait for a deep sale or for it to pop up on game pass.
Good shout for those who want to give it a go but do not want to buy it.

Yeah, RE3 Remake was really disappointing. I also wouldn't mind having the original formula back in some form. Same as Gray, RE7 doesn't do it for me with the first person, Ethan and overall style.

I enjoyed RE 3 for what it was. But at the same time it was a let down. They went too much action and not enough exploration and puzzles. They messed up nemesis. The original game is much better imo. They needed to keep everything in the original and add no it. Not remove stuff out...

It should have had about double the content it did. The start area in the city was tiny. That area should have been 3 times larger at least imo.

Preferably, they should just make a new game in the same style as RE2 Remake with a fresh story/location but classic characters and improved gameplay.
Yeah, that would be good.

Pre-ordered Village today from CDKeys for £37.99. As safe a pre-order as possible for me as I loved all the RE games, even 6! Started a second playthrough of 7 yesterday to sate my appetite a bit. Man, has there even been a more intense, messed up first hour to a game as this before! Love it!!
Bit much for me, as I get the feeling it won’t offer the same replay value as the classics. And I have already spent quite a bit on games the past 3-4 months. It may sound weird but had they hit the £34.99 then I may have considered it :p

Will wait for reviews and what you guys say.

Soldato
I enjoyed RE 3 for what it was. But at the same time it was a let down. They went too much action and not enough exploration and puzzles. They messed up nemesis. The original game is much better imo. They needed to keep everything in the original and add no it. Not remove stuff out...

It should have had about double the content it did. The start area in the city was tiny. That area should have been 3 times larger at least imo.

The city section was ridiculously small.... They teased people with the demo that made it look like it would be bigger but it actually contained the entire city area, lol. And it was also the only open section in the game where Nemesis actually stalks you. Such a disappointment.

I went through the game only once, on HC. I enjoyed my time with it but couldn't help but think about the wasted potential. Started a second run and just left it there, maybe I'll go back to clean stuff up but I don't know. Much worse value than RE2.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
The city section was ridiculously small.... They teased people with the demo that made it look like it would be bigger but it actually contained the entire city area, lol. And it was also the only open section in the game where Nemesis actually stalks you. Such a disappointment.

I went through the game only once, on HC. I enjoyed my time with it but couldn't help but think about the wasted potential. Started a second run and just left it there, maybe I'll go back to clean stuff up but I don't know. Much worse value than RE2.
I think I completed it like 5-6 times and unlocked everything and all the achievements. Still wasted potential though, for sure. Don't get why they did that considering how well RE2R did.

Associate
Since I last posted in this thread 5 days ago (post #142 above), I got back into RE7 and completed it along-with its two DLCs.

Overall I'd say its an alright game, nothing too special. Kind of like FEAR meets RE. There aren't many enemy types in the game, usually jumpscares and you're wandering alone most of the time.

Doesn't seem like there's anything of note to miss here if you haven't played it.

RE8 definitely needs to be more interesting than this.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Since I last posted in this thread 5 days ago (post #142 above), I got back into RE7 and completed it along-with its two DLCs.

Overall I'd say its an alright game, nothing too special. Kind of like FEAR meets RE. There aren't many enemy types in the game, usually jumpscares and you're wandering alone most of the time.

Doesn't seem like there's anything of note to miss here if you haven't played it.

RE8 definitely needs to be more interesting than this.
I think people rate 7 higher than it deserves due to how bad 6 was.

Back
Top Bottom