Resident Evil Village

Soldato
Ok, played 5hrs of it now and once you get in the castle, it becomes very similar to the mansion of res1!

Just finished that part and calling it a night. Definitely enjoyed that part, the first village part, not so much.

Sounds good, looking forward to getting my copy, whenever it lands!

I dont have a disc ps5 and that's a conscious choice. I moved to a digital catalogue a few years ago. Mainly I don't pay full price for games anyway but on some occasions where I can't resist - ill splurge. Lol.

That makes sense, I almost went for the digital version of the console myself as most of my library is also digital, but there are exceptions throughout the year (such as this game, Spidey, and Demons) where I know I'll play it once, never touch it again, and move it along.

Really hate the store pricing, but I suppose there's always ways of making it cheaper (CDKEYS, being one).

Caporegime
OP
Anyone else playing on an OLED?

The start of the game is virtually pitch black in the dark areas lol, I can’t see ****! I’ve adjusted it in the menu and isn’t a whole lot brighter, do I need to crank the brightness upon my tv?

My TV brightness was set to 50, upped it to 80 and it’s maybe a bit too bright now, what do others use who have an OLED/C9

Man of Honour

The start of the game is virtually pitch black in the dark areas lol, I can’t see ****! I’ve adjusted it in the menu and isn’t a whole lot brighter, do I need to crank the brightness upon my tv?

My TV brightness was set to 50, upped it to 80 and it’s maybe a bit too bright now, what do others use who have an OLED/C9

I think digital foundry said you need to turn on one of the settings on the tv. Might be worth watching their review.

Soldato
i ended up resetting the brightness back to 50 on the TV, it makes it more atmospheric. I think I’m just playing in a bright room which isn’t helping.

The DF video mentions using that BFI motion setting on high, that makes it even darker as well I think, although its a choice between that and VRR, can't do both.

Are you using raytracing with this?

Caporegime
OP
The DF video mentions using that BFI motion setting on high, that makes it even darker as well I think, although its a choice between that and VRR, can't do both.

Are you using raytracing with this?

No, I have ray tracing off, I read there was marginal differences so didn’t bother

Caporegime
OP
Almost exactly 4 hours in and I’m really enjoying it!

Exploring is fun and it’s really atmospheric, I can’t imagine how good it sounds when playing with headphones, lots of creepy bits and a couple of jump scares.

The opening encounter was tense.

Soldato
Got another 2 hours in and am enjoying it more and more. Beautiful to look at and very atmospheric.

The village is a little painful to explore, on the map it looks like a clear path, but you have to take cuts though houses etc - wandered around for far too long!

Like Resi Evil, you get the opportunity to backtrack (not too much as to be a pain) and pick up the things you were unable to collect earlier in the game.

Tip - merchant. It later opens up where you can create 'recipes' using fish, meat etc to gain character advantages. I sold all my live stock for Lei earlier in the game :(

Last edited:
Soldato

Is it set up correctly? Vincent did a really good setup video for LG OLED on the hdtvtest YouTube channel :)

Back
Top Bottom