Resident Evil Village

Soldato
I have just finished it. I thought it was superb. Very atmospheric and looked fantastic and ran buttery smooth without a single glitch. The boss battles are all pretty damn good and some of the mini bosses are good and pretty tough. Some great additions to the franchise and bitter sweet as always I can’t wait for the next one which will be a few years away now.

Caporegime
OP
Now I’m playing in a dark room the game looks fantastic! Sunlight was obviously the problem.

However, playing with Dolby Atmos and headphones is another level of fear.

Soldato
Now I’m playing in a dark room the game looks fantastic! Sunlight was obviously the problem.

However, playing with Dolby Atmos and headphones is another level of fear.

I had issues while playing and it being sunny outside even with the blinds down. I even had to modify the hdr and brightness in some of the dark areas.

The sound design was fantastic particularly the doll level. Very atmospheric.

I found it to be a very good amalgamation of the franchise to date. RE7 for the main theme of the game with elements of 4, 5 and... 6 :eek: it was so well put together and even surprised me with a couple of the directions it went in.

Top notch game from start to end.

Last edited:
Associate
Grabbed it earlier, played around 2 hours with headphones, great atmos. Some tense bits as always so far. Liking it more and more as it's gone on.

Soldato
That mission with the fuse was very well done, loved it.

That's the one in my spoiler - played that late at night, dark room, sound cranked up, omg! Were you able to get the treasure? I didn't and so don't know whether I've missed out, or we return later.

Got to the stronghold and called it a night.

Soldato
Something I found difficult to get used to was the trigger resistance particularly when changing over weapons. It’s strange that ads on certain weapons has more resistance than others I can understand the triggers but the ads is an odd one. For instance swapping between sniper and pistol while in a fight.

Soldato
Something I found difficult to get used to was the trigger resistance particularly when changing over weapons. It’s strange that ads on certain weapons has more resistance than others I can understand the triggers but the ads is an odd one. For instance swapping between sniper and pistol while in a fight.

I am crap at weapon switching! As it was getting late, my concentration was slipping too. Found myself letting off 2 explosive rounds when trying to craft and wasted 2 heals in a lycan fight :cry:. I am grateful for the 'triangle, pause game, switch weapons and back to the fight!'.

Just met with Chris is in the factory basement and taking a break. The factory was good, but a lot of time was spent there and it dragged a little - also used most of my ammo, only really got sniper rounds and handgun left. Did sell my TAC shotgun and bought the next shotgun up.

Soldato
I went for ages without shooting a single bullet. If you get the knife blocking and timing right and really helps with the blocking recipe.

Something I wished I had thought about was saving a new file periodically to get the challenges done.

I do have a late game save with the magnum pretty well upgraded but not sure if you have to end the game with it fully upgraded or I can sell all my stuff, upgrade it and that will count to let me get the infinite ammo. Guess it’s something to try.

Associate
That's the one in my spoiler - played that late at night, dark room, sound cranked up, omg! Were you able to get the treasure? I didn't and so don't know whether I've missed out, or we return later.

Got to the stronghold and called it a night.

I got the one just outside yeah, can't remember exactly what it was it was 3am after a few beers. Literally just got out of bed lol. Shower and straight back to it.

Soldato
I got the one just outside yeah, can't remember exactly what it was it was 3am after a few beers. Literally just got out of bed lol. Shower and straight back to it.

No, inside. When you first go in the house, go left and there is a door half open, but blocked. You can look in and see the treasure chest.

Soldato
And done!

9/10 - wish it was zombies inhabiting the village etc, but it definitely still worked with what they have done. Felt ResEvil and looked and sounded stunning.

End battle was a bit weird, no strategy and I wasn't sure what to do as even when I was unleashing, there was no way to know if I was doing damage. ResEvil bosses usually morph into other bigger and badder until they die - not this time, unleash aaaaaaaand dead, game over!

Did love Chris going bad ass and not having to worry about ammo conservation!

Associate
Just completed, thought it was excellent. Audio on headphones made it so much better I think. Loved the credits and music as well.

Back
Top Bottom