Retro console and games thread

I would love to get into collecting all the old consoles and games I had as a child.

Where do you guys find all this stuff? Is it mostly off ebay/Gumtree? Or do you have much luck at charity shops/car boot sales?

Lol im usually around Newcastle aswell looking in charity shops etc haven't been there last few weeks but plan on popping over soon, the worst place for me to go looking is Sunderland never found nothing around there place is picked clean :mad:

Blimey that is proper clean. Mine was 35 unboxed with sf2, mario all stars and mario world

I sold a street fighter boxed snes on eBay about 3 years ago and the box was worse condition then that and didn't have all the leaflets and poster and it sold for £45 +£10 post, with prices these days I think in that condition your looking at £60+ on eBay

cheers guys

well, looks like the others go for about £50 so I guess this will be worth more

if I did get it, I would hate to use it (I mean keeping it out of the box so it will discolour)

if I did get it, id have to buy another one so I could keep this in pristine condition! lol

Got a few "new" pickups today from our local independent games store:

Two VMU's, Jump pack and Quake III Arena for the DC:

WP_20130406_005_zpsa5bfa495.jpg

£9 for the lot.

On the way out my wife pointed out a Crystal Xbox in a display case (I'm so lucky :p), so....

WP_20130406_001_zpsdc55cd1b.jpg

WP_20130406_003_zps95a14007.jpg

All for £24. Xbox also has 6 months warranty.

:D

Got a Makopad 64 for my n64. New :)

Prefer these over the official ones, sticks don't go floppy on them either. I have a superpad 64 as well (same thing, just black instead of clear).

Oweneades - Good work on the dreamcast / xbox gear. Do love crystal xboxs :)

Ta. :)

My collection is relatively small but it's gradually getting bigger.

I have a quick question for anyone who might know the answer:

What do you use to clean the various contact points on your old systems / games ( I am thinking SNES cartridges, AV connectors etc)?

I have got rather hooked on Adam Korvalik's Youtube videos and he is often seen using Windex/Windolean to clean old NES / Genesis cartridges to make them work (mostly with excellent results). I have had a look in the various supermarkets and can't find it for looking. Is there anything in the UK which is the inequivalent (Ammonia based cleaner). I obviously want to use something that will clean the contact points without causing any damage.

A quick "dry" clean of my Dreamcasts' AV port showed some promise but I don't have anything to clean it properly.

Back
Top Bottom