Retro console and games thread

Soldato
Well i got this

e7468e30-129c-4955-88e2-9fd1abc438bc_zpsd69585d6.jpg

Love the pearl white cube. I have one still in it's box, only used to test it works. Got it ages back when GAME were getting rid, think it was £30 with Mario strikers. Not even used the controller, would like to, but can't bring myself to do it, it's too nice :D.

Associate
I'm trying to get my favourite arcade game, Double Dragon
but it looks like the only one closest to the original is the IBM-PC
or is there another alternative without going the jamma route ?

I've always found the Sega Mega Drive version to be very close to the original arcade version.

If you don't mind a virtual release then there is always the direct arcade port on Xbox Live (If you have a Xbox 360 that is)
edit: Sorry scratch that, it looks like Double Dragon was removed from Xbox Live Arcade :(

Last edited:
Associate
That pearl white GC is gorgeous. Only thing that tops it is the Spice Orange one. My mate is selling his as he's moving to the states!! :eek: Don't think he wants a great deal for it either; I just can't afford it right now sadly :(

Feeling really pleased right now. As some of you might of seen, I wanted to own a 32x. I bought one. Then I went quiet. And finally, I posted recently saying that I wanted to sell the thing.

Well...

The reason I said that was because said 32x wasn't working very well for me. Some games were fine but the odd one was crashing an awful lot (Sods law dictated that the worst offender for this was Knuckles Chaotix). Anyhow after fruitless searching, I found out that my specific model of MegaDrive (VA4 motherboard) didn't have the cleanest signals, causing crashes, sound glitches, and other problems. Anyhoo, found a service bulletin that someone had dug out that's the best part of 19 years old and my 32x and MegaDrive are now getting along very happily with no crashes. Yahoo!!

If anyone hear has a VA4 MD and wants a link to the PDF I'll put it up; it of course doesn't affect normal operation of the unit and is always good to do should you get a 32x. Best thing is that it didn't require any extra parts bar a small piece of wire. Only took 15 minutes to do too. :cool::cool:

Last edited:
Underboss
I've always found the Sega Mega Drive version to be very close to the original arcade version.

If you don't mind a virtual release then there is always the direct arcade port on Xbox Live (If you have a Xbox 360 that is)
edit: Sorry scratch that, it looks like Double Dragon was removed from Xbox Live Arcade :(

thanks for the info :) ill have a look

the versions ive had in the past or played are :

PC, Amiga, Atari ST, Spectrum, C64, Gameboy Advance

The PC is the best by far, but sadly I don't have the original , nor do I own a 5 1/4" drive

The Gameboy advance is brilliant, although a little different

Soldato
Been to my parents today, found my original Gameboy, with magnification screen, battery pack and ac adaptor, as well as my gameboy camera and printer, I still have all my games at my hourse. Plus found my sisters old N64 and Mario 64 which still works. Found my Dreamcast light gun, as well as two light guns for the PS1. Was looking for all my Dreamcast game boxes, but I think my dad might have thrown them out :( Wish we had never got rid of the Amiga 500 and NES as well :(

Back
Top Bottom