Retro console and games thread

Associate
I take it this isn't a good thing to see on a game gear, I don't have any games so just put batteries in and turned on

0AA4B5BC-4579-4C24-AFB8-E9BD313AFC16-362-000000242F6D1927_zps11bd5ae1.jpg

That looks excessive but there are two main issues with Game Gears, one is the sound which can be fixed by replacing some capacitors and the other is lines on the screen which is down to poor quality solder attaching the ribbon cable to the board. I have a similar problem but I've been too lazy to try and repair it yet as the joints are quite small. :(

Soldato
Sick of getting outbid on SNES's, tempted to go for a local one on a buy it now, it's a £100 but that doesn't seem to be a kick in the arse away from what they're going for.

Pet Northerner
Don
Sick of getting outbid on SNES's, tempted to go for a local one on a buy it now, it's a £100 but that doesn't seem to be a kick in the arse away from what they're going for.

I'm based in Newcastle and might have a spare unit if you want it? My dad is a painter and decorator and got one and a megadrive when clearing out a uni dorm a few years ago, I already have 2 and they are just sitting around.

I'd have to go looking but can sure sort it out for you if you are genuinely interested?

Associate

Thats what happened to me mate all the time last few seconds was getting outbid so i ended up messaging a local guy from Newcastle who was selling one and i just asked how much he was looking to get for it he told me i said ok ill come and pick it up tomorrow if u end it now and he did thats how i got that one a few posts up.

Soldato
I'm based in Newcastle and might have a spare unit if you want it? My dad is a painter and decorator and got one and a megadrive when clearing out a uni dorm a few years ago, I already have 2 and they are just sitting around.

I'd have to go looking but can sure sort it out for you if you are genuinely interested?

How much would you want for it?

Pet Northerner
Don
How much would you want for it?

If I can find it really not much if you come get it, however I can make no promises about it, it's in a box in a cupboard or in the loft so it may not be working properly. I'm unsure what cables came in the box (if they were for the snes or the megadrive).

Let me know and I'll go on a house hunt for it tomorrow and get back to you

Pet Northerner
Don
update: I have found the box! I'll upload a pic once i've untangled it

edit: Teh stash!

This is all spare i fink, would need to look to see where my originals are lol, but certainly at this point a snes base unit is spare :)

20130412231320.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
update: I have found the box! I'll upload a pic once i've untangled it

edit: Teh stash!

This is all spare i fink, would need to look to see where my originals are lol, but certainly at this point a snes base unit is spare :)

When you find out what's spare and you're willing to get rid of let me know, I'll will take the Snes at least though.

Pet Northerner
Don
When you find out what's spare and you're willing to get rid of let me know, I'll will take the Snes at least though.

I won't know for a bit yet, as I think the original stuff is stored away properly at my folks. However if you want to pop over for a base unit on it's own (no cables) it's yours if you want :) I've managed to get both of them turned on and tested Street fighter 2 in both

Back
Top Bottom