Retro console and games thread

Associate
Sacrificed a GameCube PSU and converted it so I didn't have to squeeze THREE power bricks in to power a Mega Drive, Mega CD and 32x. Really pleased with the result, so much easier. Just need to replace my GC supply now (Not that I ever used it that often)

where on earth you locate those!!!! midweek booty or something

good skills! those PS1's are getting proper rare these days as people converter them to CD players as it has some awesome DAC in it apparently (friend did it and its AMAZING!)

fingers crossed that Game Gear works, i used to love mine back in the day

The 5002 has the same DAC and sounds phenomenal too. Sold mine though as I never really used it. Easier to find than the 1002 and more reliable too. Some people believe it to be inferior to the 1002 because the lack of RCA outputs, however the line audio from the Multi-AV has less filtering on it and sounds great.

Soldato
that 1002 i picked up yesterday has a dead laser i think,i also think its got a modchip in it because of the traxdata cd it had inside,when i switched it on it wanted to play it gets to the black playstation license screen then you can hear the drive spin up then keeps dropping out.I also tried a origanal game and that loads to the screen where it has blue writing and two blue bars,forgot what it says now lol and that just freezes on that screen

Underboss
my new toy arrived today :D

here she is:

DSC00042_zps5f914647.jpg

Soldato
Btw the consolegoods.co.uk n64 svideo cable works a treat on the snes and looks sooooperb!

Snes has RGB support as standard though, better to use that :).

that 1002 i picked up yesterday has a dead laser i think,i also think its got a modchip

Chip is a nice bonus. New laser unit and you can enjoy proper playstation games, instead of gimped PAL ones.

Back
Top Bottom