Retro console and games thread

SCART TO AMIGA (RGB) CABLE WITH AUDIO £13
image.jpg

:eek:

Have a simiilar scart for my 600 that I got from retrocables.co.uk. quality is AMAZING! Project X looks like a PS2 /xbox gfx quality Shooter its that good

20130501_110430_zpsf4efe5ac.jpg

This is the damage of the bargain xbox purchases. That drawer is a thing of beauty! Think i have 1 or 2 still to arrive (midway treasures 2 and amped 2) and should have a spare copy of PGR2 if anyone is looking for one :)

I'm really jealous of that Amiga 1200 Neil, I always wanted one back in the day and spent many an hour playing Sensible Soccer, Cannon Fodder and Base Jumpers round a friends house.... I should really see if he still has it and see if I can "acquire" it off him lol :D

Have a simiilar scart for my 600 that I got from retrocables.co.uk. quality is AMAZING! Project X looks like a PS2 /xbox gfx quality Shooter its that good

I'm really jealous of that Amiga 1200 Neil, I always wanted one back in the day and spent many an hour playing Sensible Soccer, Cannon Fodder and Base Jumpers round a friends house.... I should really see if he still has it and see if I can "acquire" it off him lol :D

She's a beaut indeed!

However I wouldn't recommend buying from AmigaKit if you concerned about delivery times as they are ****. It wasn't dispatched till late yesterday evening but was ordered on Wednesday and when it's shipping the order says " DELIVERED ". Some people have had to wait 7 days just to get out of processing.

I've had quicker from Ebay :rolleyes:

Heres a few bits ive found in the charity shops/market in the last few days, grabbed a few link cables as there were only 50p each same for the gameboy cables and the pal convertor (dont even know what its for), mario guide was 30p, psp games 99p and about £1 for ps1 games. just need another copy of doom now for ps1 so i can link up :)

The Pal convertor was a pretty clever bit of kit for the price.

Took an NTSC signal from the PSX and turned itinto a PAL signal, I remember these were far cheaper than other solutions at the time and no one thought they woudl work LOL

Sold so many of them :D

Were RGB Scart cables not cheaper though? I can't remember the price of those convertors, but RGB cables were not very expensive and RGB is a far nicer picture than crappy composite.

Last edited:
Landed in Japan last night for the beginning of my month travelling trip. Had my first full day today and headed off to Akihabara to do some retro games shopping. Only picked up these, was about £12 in total.

null_zpsef091bd4.jpg

I spent 6 hours looking round the shops until I had to force myself out, as it was getting late. Found the first Jap Nes model for about £20, 3DO for £16, PCFX for £50 and the Super Nintendo Jr, never heard of it before so I had to do my research to see if it was real Nintendo console or a cheap knock off.

Wanted to pick up, Megaman\Rockman x2 and Yoshi`s Island both were £4 each but Megaman uses Capcom`s Cx4 chip and Yoshi`s Island uses the SuperFX 2 chip which my SNES Convertor doesn't support. :(

I'm in Japan for another 4 days, so on my last day I'm going to head back down and spend my remaining Yen on more retro games before I move onto the next country.

Landed in Japan last night for the beginning of my month travelling trip. Had my first full day today and headed off to Akihabara to do some retro games shopping. Only picked up these, was about £12 in total.

I spent 6 hours looking round the shops until I had to force myself out, as it was getting late. Found the first Jap Nes model for about £20, 3DO for £16, PCFX for £50 and the Super Nintendo Jr, never heard of it before so I had to do my research to see if it was real Nintendo console or a cheap knock off.

Wanted to pick up, Megaman\Rockman x2 and Yoshi`s Island both were £4 each but Megaman uses Capcom`s Cx4 chip and Yoshi`s Island uses the SuperFX 2 chip which my SNES Convertor doesn't support. :(

I'm in Japan for another 4 days, so on my last day I'm going to head back down and spend my remaining Yen on more retro games before I move onto the next country.

So Japan just has shops full of retro goodies?

Were RGB Scart cables not cheaper though? I can't remember the price of those convertors, but RGB cables were not very expensive and RGB is a far nicer picture than crappy composite.

At the time I remember there were issues with some of the 3rd party cables, something about the wiring or not fully wired or something?

I remember playing Tekken 3 for days in black an white LMAO, we were headed out to 6th form and the postie dropped a box of em off, Que us playing tekken 3 for the rest of the day in glorious colour LOL.

http://i564.photobucket.com/albums/ss90/malachi1612/null_zpsef091bd4.jpg

For the price fo them I'd pick them up anyway, you migth find a cheap console :)
Get a Junior, they looked pretty cool

Currently using the bog standard RF cable from the A500 and urg looks awful tv quality wise, oh and none of the WHDLOAD games are working due to a problem accessing ShadowRam or something. Can't wait till my 128MB accelerator arrives and the High Quality RGB Scart lead. Over 2000 games hmmmmmmmmm yes :D

Floppy games work fine of cause :great

IMG_5589.jpg

Picked up some bargains in crack converters today!

Dark Cloud - been looking for this for a long time, hard to get hold of. T
he disc cover isn't in great shape though. £1.00

Kingdom Hearts II - Lots of surface scratches but works all the same. £1.00

Balders Gate Dark Alliance - Very good condition! But will prob sell. £3.50

Picked up some bargains in crack converters today!

Dark Cloud - been looking for this for a long time, hard to get hold of. T
he disc cover isn't in great shape though. £1.00

Kingdom Hearts II - Lots of surface scratches but works all the same. £1.00

Balders Gate Dark Alliance - Very good condition! But will prob sell. £3.50

oooo I forgot about that shop, there's also cex

Back
Top Bottom