Retro console and games thread

At the time I remember there were issues with some of the 3rd party cables, something about the wiring or not fully wired or something?

Same crap happens now. Cables listed as RGB, but only wired for composite :(. Think there were just more of them around back then. Sony done an official one that was RGB, few of the third party ones were as well.

My experience back then, was get it from the guy selling the dodgy games and it was wired properly :p

malachi id deffo be looking for some jap mega drives and snes and the jnr is pretty cool also neo geo aes :p

Hoping get hold of a jap mega drive but didn't see one but will take a deeper look when there tomorrow. Here are some pics of stuff I found while there.

null_zps4d508c48.jpg

null_zps2c87cbc5.jpg

null_zpsd5ad48fb.jpg

null_zps31c7e7c5.jpg

All of these were no more than £5 each.

null_zps653f1564.jpg

Last edited:
A few purchases so far this weekend:

DSCF0054_zpsdeeea214.jpg

DSCF0055_zps9fafb3c0.jpg

DSCF0056_zps08014859.jpg

Ignoring the WiiU game they were all from our local Insane Games (great place). Just over £20 for the lot. :D

Annoyingly they didn't have Fur Fighters either on the DC or the PS2. Oh well.

My RGB/SCART cable arrived late today and thus far i'm not impressed, it's plugged into my TV and what I thought would be high quality is giving me screen ripples and waves in workbench
frown.gif

My RGB/SCART cable arrived late today and thus far i'm not impressed, it's plugged into my TV and what I thought would be high quality is giving me screen ripples and waves in workbench
frown.gif

That is a bit random :( I cant say I have any of those issues......maybe the cable is dodgy

Have a look at retrocables.co.uk on ebay my cable was similar but from them

Well thats it!!! I am done!!! Had to drag myself away from the retro shops in Akihabara again before I get even more carried away. Popped down to pick up these.

null_zpsc72b7bf3.jpg

Most expensive was Rival Schools 2, which cost me £16. The others ranged from £2 to £10, all beating eBay prices. The £10 game is Return of Double Dragon, which I'm so glad I found as the Jap version is better than the PAL.

I did come across some PAL and US games but they were expensive so I guess they fetch more over here in Japan. That said, in one shop they had a list of rare games for sale. Obvious ones being Dungeons and Dragoons for the Saturn. But one which took me by surprise was Comic Zone, was listed for 11900 Yen, that's £77!!!!!!!:eek: Next time I return to Japan I'm bringing a bunch of copies with me.

Was sitting playing mario bros 2 on 3ds last night in bed took me back when I was a kid playing mario Allstars on the snes in bed. Can't wait for donkey kong coming out for it.glad I have a mint boxed Allstars for snes, I got urge to collect some game and watch handhelds now :(

Well thats it!!! I am done!!! Had to drag myself away from the retro shops in Akihabara again before I get even more carried away. Popped down to pick up these.

Most expensive was Rival Schools 2, which cost me £16. The others ranged from £2 to £10, all beating eBay prices. The £10 game is Return of Double Dragon, which I'm so glad I found as the Jap version is better than the PAL.

I did come across some PAL and US games but they were expensive so I guess they fetch more over here in Japan. That said, in one shop they had a list of rare games for sale. Obvious ones being Dungeons and Dragoons for the Saturn. But one which took me by surprise was Comic Zone, was listed for 11900 Yen, that's £77!!!!!!!:eek: Next time I return to Japan I'm bringing a bunch of copies with me.

I'm so jealous, I have a few Dreamcast bits on the way. I love the old school stuff. It sad when you think that the games we play today won't be playable in years to come as they all need internet connections, day one patches and god knows how much DLC for the complete experience.

I'm dying to get into Neo Geo stuff, too bad I'm a student once again so money is a bit tight. When I get some coin I really want one of these consolised MVS systems: http://www.analogueinteractive.com/ :cool:

Are those consoles brand new?

Also what was that gold cart on the left?

Likely just very well looked after.

Front Mission or some descript I would guess.

Did you buy one of the SNES Jr's?

Same crap happens now. Cables listed as RGB, but only wired for composite :(. Think there were just more of them around back then. Sony done an official one that was RGB, few of the third party ones were as well.

My experience back then, was get it from the guy selling the dodgy games and it was wired properly :p

Yeah thought it was something along those lines, I remember looking thru boxes and boxes of Scart cables looking for the chunkier ones which tended to be fully wired.

Back
Top Bottom