Retro console and games thread

Its their first event so I'm not sure what I will be like but I went to RePlay Expo for the first time in Manchester last year. It was good but I won't be going again as the organization of the event was poor.

I was there and besides the initial delay with getting in (electrical problems) how was the organization poor?

I was there and besides the initial delay with getting in (electrical problems) how was the organization poor?

Yeah, the fact there was a delay getting people in. Doors had opened 30 to 45mins later, also people who brought tickets on the day were getting in first instead of people like me who brought tickets in advance (this was highlighted as a big issue on a number of gaming podcasts and websites.)

Compared to Eurogamer Expo which happened a few weeks before, yes I know it's bigger etc but the organisers had held RePlay Expo in Blackpool in previous years with miniumal problems.

What also got me but this was my first retro games show so I don't know how it usually goes. Why was there be big stack of console players on COD and Street Fighter 4 tourments? I thought it was to be a retro games event not Eurogamer all over again??!?

Last edited:
@rich Hi mate sorry I didnt get back to you I got my megadrive and have been nothing but dissapointed! at the quick glance I took of it on arrival I gave the guy 5 stars only to get home from work and find the back cracked and a few deep scratches on the top and some of the white is a mess on the top theres no point in me taking that cable off your hands :(

I get its an old console however I messaged the guy several times about its condition upon each reply getting great condition still on the look out for a decent condition mega drive one preferably with the high definition audio along the top if anyone has one?

on a side note my sonic 1 and 2 arrived fully complete for 6 quid each in immaculate condition!

im going to sell my modded megadrive for now, as im kinda desperate for the cash instead at the moment :(

The only gameshow close to my area and I won't be able to go as I'm not in the country:(

Its their first event so I'm not sure what I will be like but I went to RePlay Expo for the first time in Manchester last year. It was good but I won't be going again as the organization of the event was poor.

Probably will go then as it's the only way of finding out what it's like. Just hope no one is accepting card payments or I could come away broke. Shame to hear the RePlay Expo wasn't too good, not sure I will be able to make it this year anyway as I would need to stay over to make the drive worth while plus I'm going to Eurogamer only a few weeks before.

Oh, and I picked up this.. For £5

IMG_20130517_183139_zpsa9c51f9c.jpg

MY SNES CAME!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

£21 with mario paint (plus mouse mat and mouse), mario all stars and street racer and 2 pads.

It's yellow to the point of being almost brown but on the plus side it works and I have finally not had to pay best part of £40 for one! Plus it looks decent though my cubes scart cable.

Going to sell mario paint as I guess that and its gay extras will get a fiver or so to put towards games I am dying to play, zelda, mario kart, mario and star fox :)

Since the 3DS sequal has been announced the prices have gone up. Same thing happened when Michael Jackson died, all of a sudden Moonwalker on the Mega drive was worth more than usual.

Oh poo! I bought moonwalker for a girl years ago (before he died) for a quid! Wouldn't have given it away if I had know it would go up like that! Might have to lump the zelda mark up at this rate...

Oh, and I picked up this.. For £5

IMG_20130517_183139_zpsa9c51f9c.jpg

Quality buy! Seem it go for 3 times that I think.

Also anyone used that retro bright stuff yet or any other hydrogen peroxide cocktail to clean any consoles up? i got a yellowed amiga 1200 that i fancied cleaning up

Used a homemade cocktail that worked ok. UV lamp is essential though, normal bulb won't cut it. Hydrogen peroxide, vanish Oxy powder as a catalyst, UV bulb for energy input.

I am gonna go loft hunting on my next day off somewhere I have a Atari jaguar and vectrex , also I put a bin bag with about 4 mega drives and a jap mega drive and a NES , I am sure I put pics of them on here like 2 years ago also had about 3 SNES consoled with diffrent faults

So the nes arrived today :). Really good nick for a freebie. Quickly powered it on but havent tried properly yet

Also flukishly found sonic mega collection + for the xbox for 3 quid in charity shop.....which was nice :)

Back
Top Bottom