Retro console and games thread

Soldato
I seen a portable Mega Drive type thing in Gamestation today. Had a screen and everything. Cart when in the top and stuck out. Was Mega something...

Was £100 for it and 9 games i think.

Associate
not enough Game Gear pictures in here, so heres some more of mine :)

gg-mint.jpg

gg-boxed-tv.jpg

no one else own a game gear ? i got my 1st one on UK release day, think it was 1991. still got it too :D

Associate
fly14i said:

snip

no one else own a game gear ? i got my 1st one on UK release day, think it was 1991. still got it too :D

still got a working game gear somewhere around here, but the top bit of the screen is broken and i think the warranty has run out, but i wsa playing some racing rally game on it a few weeks ago, was part of a 4in1 game pack

Soldato
fly14i said:

Got a Jap and an English one. Still pretty good by all accounts.

Soldato
This thread makes we really wish I didn't sell off my Megadrive & Matersystem collections, both had 40+ games and everything mint in boxes. :(

Out the garage I've got several Game & Watch games (no boxes though), and a huge box containing a Specturm +2 and loads of games/extras (light gun, mouse/art package).

Loving some of the bizarre Sega stuff posted.

Caporegime
markyb said:
Great thread. Love the old retro consoles. ;)

Anyone have the Sega 32x here?

Yeah I did and 4 games at 60 quid each. Mine was a bit poorly though, it wouldnt play megadrive games with the 32x bit. I had to keep taking it apart so I sold it on. It was a very poor buy on my part.

My first ever cartridge based game was Jack attack for the plus 4. Sort of made it a console ;)

Associate
The Gamegear Shinobi version was rather ace, IIRC.

I gave my machine away soon after my parents bought the Super Nintendo, however. Well, that and the fact that the GB was superior.

A few pics of my favourite 16-bit era game ever, Chrono Trigger:

title9rq.jpg

maguscastle9jb.jpg

laputan5ak.jpg

court9bz.jpg

attack4fw.jpg

These screenshots don't fully illustrate the magnificence of the graphics.

Associate
Anyone still got an atari lynx, I had one of those (the gamegear had sold out :( ) ditched it years ago, twas broken, but it was vey cool but extremely large I think mines was the 2nd version.

Associate
The Game Gear was good, but man, 2 hour batteries killed it - my GameBoy would last hours upon hours, and I'd always borrow the Game Gear on the bus to school for a few minutes on Sonic, good memories those. :)

Associate
Needles said:
Anyone still got an atari lynx, I had one of those (the gamegear had sold out :( ) ditched it years ago, twas broken, but it was vey cool but extremely large I think mines was the 2nd version.

Someone sold me a Lynx Mk 2 in the mm a few weeks back (a good deal too) but I saw a Lynx Mk 1 at a car boot at the weekend, casing was battered to death but the guy had owned it from when it came out :o

Wanted £20 for the machine and 4 games but not in that condition :p

Whoop

Associate
Phnom_Penh said:
I used to have a Mario one of them and iirc a Donkey Kong one, but I think they both got destroyed :\.

ive had quite a few over the years

i got donkey kong one xmas from santa

swapped it in the new year for some starwars spaceship thing :rolleyes:

seen a brand new and sealed one on ebay a few months back

it sold for over a grand !!! :eek:

(must invent time machine, go back and kick myself right in the *****)

Back
Top Bottom