[review] Hyundai N91W Widescreen

Associate
(t31os) You need to add the resolution commands to the command line for the bf2 shortcut

Thanks for the info t31os. There is quite a difference between 1024x768 and 1440x900! :p

(pigeon_killer) I thought they were wall mountable The spec on OcUK says 'Kensington ready (Wall Mountable)'.
I think you can just undo the screw on the hinge and the screen will detach.

On another note, should I be using vsync in my games now?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
Oh yeah I was going to test this on a friends 360, won't get a chance now til mid week :/ - Someone here said though it's 1280x720 ?

Associate
It is I who has this monitor and an Xbox 360 :D

It does run the higher resolutions that you mention - can't remember exactly but I know there are 2 higher resolutions than 1280x720 in the menu in the setup.

I run mine in 1280x720 because I am told that this is the closest to 720p (which looks lovely) and also anything higher than that means the scaler in the 360 has to do some work or something and it doesn't like doing that too well :)

As an example when I tested it with Dead Rising (Great game btw!) I got a bit of nasty tearing when running anything over 1280x720 - especially in cutscenes, but in knocking it down to 1280x720 I have had no such issues. And trust me I should know been playing the game ALL day for the past 2 days ;)

HTH, any more questions, let me know :D

Soldato
Two comments on this monitor...

1) I tried it with a standard VGA connector and DVI connector, and could see no difference in the image quality.

2) The INPUT selection button allows selection of the three inputs (DVI, VGA1, VGA2) as follows. You hold the INPUT button down for 2-3 seconds, and then a menu is offered. You can then cursor through the three input and press MENU to select. Could be a touch slicker, but better than having to rummage around in a full menu system.

Associate
NeilFawcett said:
Two comments on this monitor...

1) I tried it with a standard VGA connector and DVI connector, and could see no difference in the image quality.

2) The INPUT selection button allows selection of the three inputs (DVI, VGA1, VGA2) as follows. You hold the INPUT button down for 2-3 seconds, and then a menu is offered. You can then cursor through the three input and press MENU to select. Could be a touch slicker, but better than having to rummage around in a full menu system.

I take it you finally took the plunge and bought one Neil. What's the scaling like at other widescreen resolutions, such as 1024x640 and 1280x800.

Soldato
dobbs2010 said:
I take it you finally took the plunge and bought one Neil. What's the scaling like at other widescreen resolutions, such as 1024x640 and 1280x800.

By scaling, you mean how blurred or non-blurred it is?

Well so far I've only run FEAR at non-native resolution, and that appeared fine.

Give me an example of something you want trying and I'll see what I can do...

Associate
NeilFawcett said:
By scaling, you mean how blurred or non-blurred it is?

Well so far I've only run FEAR at non-native resolution, and that appeared fine.

Give me an example of something you want trying and I'll see what I can do...

If you have Oblivion, could you please try and run it at 1024x640 and 1280x800 and see what the image quality is like, as you said does it look blurred.

Thanks. :D

Back
Top Bottom