Rift £200 off

Soldato
That was yesterday, set up and working, got to sort out the steam bit and I am golden

Ah!! Sorry, lol. Just reading these posts today, how did I miss them yesterday???

What's the problem with Steam? It's pretty easy to setup. I suggest you download oculus tray tool as well. It can setup a link to Steam VR in your apps list on Oculus home. So you don't have to take off the headset to go into steam.

Associate
Hello All,
Just turned 65 and purchased the Rift yesterday from the main site as I cannot get one in the UK due to the high demand. I have always wanted one but not at the high price and this new price makes more sense. Have only read about the hardware but am looking forward to setting it up and trying it out even though I don't like change. Have been a gamer for a long time mostly into Flight Sims and driving games (I do not drive, but have a bus pass he he he). I love the 3d in films and have a highend 4k tv and the 3d is superb much better than in our local fleapit, unfortunatly the makers of the tvs and players have now removed the 3d from them, so I won't be purchasing either again but luckily at the moment I can easily get the 3d films until the film companies call it a day . I ordered the Oculus yesterday and would like to think that it will be delivered by the middle of next week but due to the high demand it maybe longer.

Soldato
Hello All,
Just turned 65 and purchased the Rift yesterday from the main site as I cannot get one in the UK due to the high demand. I have always wanted one but not at the high price and this new price makes more sense. Have only read about the hardware but am looking forward to setting it up and trying it out even though I don't like change. Have been a gamer for a long time mostly into Flight Sims and driving games (I do not drive, but have a bus pass he he he). I love the 3d in films and have a highend 4k tv and the 3d is superb much better than in our local fleapit, unfortunatly the makers of the tvs and players have now removed the 3d from them, so I won't be purchasing either again but luckily at the moment I can easily get the 3d films until the film companies call it a day . I ordered the Oculus yesterday and would like to think that it will be delivered by the middle of next week but due to the high demand it maybe longer.

Wow, 65, fair play to you. Flight sims and driving games are amazing on the Rift!! The sense of been there is fantastic.

Hope it arrives sooner rather than later and please write back here when you get it. Can't wait to read about your first impressions!!

Associate
Have been a gamer for a long time mostly into Flight Sims and driving games
Those are 2 genres where VR really shines. Keep in mind that you're going to take a hit when it comes to resolution, but that is massively outweighed by the sense of actually being inside of a car/plane/spaceship/whatever! Play a racing game or flight sim in VR, and it will feel like a totally scaled back experience if you go back to a monitor.

I personally don't like VR for watching films - again the resolution is a big step down, especially if you're used to a 4k TV, though the 3d is simply a massive step up over a TV. Others disagree though, and I know there are people out there who use it as a personal cinema, as for them the experience outweighs the drop in res.

Associate
Hi, Thanks for your replies guys and it would be nice if the package or packages turn up sooner, I only mentioned 3d tv because as I understand the Rift is like watching in 3d. I have a 1080ti Graphic card and an I7 6700k processor which should give me lots of oomph. I build my own and have done over the past 40 years get a lot of pleasure using something I built from scratch. As well as the Flight/Driving sims I love all other games except role-playing (The Witcher is exempt as its brilliant). One of the best is Euro Truck Simulator 2 which I have had since its release and still play it. Question when I dowload the Nvidia drivers I only use the basic drivers will I have to use the 3d steroscopic part now?.

Soldato
Hi, Thanks for your replies guys and it would be nice if the package or packages turn up sooner, I only mentioned 3d tv because as I understand the Rift is like watching in 3d. I have a 1080ti Graphic card and an I7 6700k processor which should give me lots of oomph. I build my own and have done over the past 40 years get a lot of pleasure using something I built from scratch. As well as the Flight/Driving sims I love all other games except role-playing (The Witcher is exempt as its brilliant). One of the best is Euro Truck Simulator 2 which I have had since its release and still play it. Question when I dowload the Nvidia drivers I only use the basic drivers will I have to use the 3d steroscopic part now?.

haha mate, you are in for a surprise when you put the headset on :) You are thinking it's something like 3D, it's way beyond 3D. You won't need to use the 3D drivers for VR.

Euro Truck Simulator 2 works really well in VR.

Associate
Once again thanks and really looking forward to getting the hardware. Its good I do not have to touch the Nvidea drivers.

Soldato
Jock7 if you have never used a headset before it will blow you away, its not 3d its totally immersive. Please let us know how you get on, i think you are going to love it.

Associate
Received mine this morning.

Now, you know it's going to be alright from reading other people opinions but actually experiencing it blows you away!

How are people watching movies on it though? All the guides I can find are quite old.

The first few minutes of robo recall scared the hell out of me!

Soldato
So I was skeptical about how good this would be and boy can I say how wrong I was. Best thing I have bought in years.

The first few experiences weren't amazing but then I tried Bullet train. Absolutely blown away and can't wait until Robo Recall installs.

On another note does my Steam copy of Project Cars work in VR?

Associate
I picked mine up yesterday. I've just been playing Robo Recall and it feels like the first time I used a light gun on the NES all those years ago - except totally more immersive. Not sure i'm coping too well with the crawlers that jump at you but it's great so far. I need more games now - just wish they weren't all so expensive.

Back
Top Bottom