Rift s whos getting one?

Associate
I had a Rift and sold on as I wasn't happy with the resolution. Is the Rift S a big upgrade? Can a 1080ti drive it OK?
I upgraded to one mate, and it's a lot better visually, and like the guys have been saying the text is now readable in game, the Oculus home page looks so much sharper.
Got not a bad deal for my old CV1 so it helped with the cost of the upgrade.
1080TI runs it no problem.

Soldato
I had a Rift and sold on as I wasn't happy with the resolution. Is the Rift S a big upgrade? Can a 1080ti drive it OK?

Yes and Yes. I got the Rift S on a trial basis and I thought I would be returning it because I expected it to be a disappointment. After all I did have a 4 sensor Rift Setup that was working perfectly. But, I tried on the Rift S and knew that I was never going to be able to use the OG Rift again. It was so clear, and next to no SDE and no God rays. Yes you sacrifice a small bit on black levels but the trade off is totally worth it.

The desktop is totally useable in VR now.

Soldato
So just got myself a Rift S and absolutely love it! Got a bit of motion sickness playing War Thunder but very impressed with the kit so far...

Any titles or software you guys recommend to get the most out of it?

Soldato
Check what you have and see if there's any VR support, crack load of titles have fairly decent VR modes. To name a few, Payday, Hellblade, The Forest, Elite, Euro Truck, DCS, Dirt Rally, Subnautica.

Loads more, but of the VR must do's, then 'To The Top' is a given.

Soldato
So just got myself a Rift S and absolutely love it! Got a bit of motion sickness playing War Thunder but very impressed with the kit so far...

Any titles or software you guys recommend to get the most out of it?

What have you already got?

there are a few free must haves.

Google Earth VR,
REC Room
The Lab (On Steam only)

Soldato
Got a few things to try, Elite, Sub Nautica, No mans Sky.... Tried the Lab and Google Earth VR earlier which made me feel like Godzilla lol Tried War Thunder earlier and got an awful bout of motion sickness which I'm hoping to get over... Want to try some racing sims etc too

Soldato
Got a few things to try, Elite, Sub Nautica, No mans Sky.... Tried the Lab and Google Earth VR earlier which made me feel like Godzilla lol Tried War Thunder earlier and got an awful bout of motion sickness which I'm hoping to get over... Want to try some racing sims etc too

Add Robo Recall and Lone Echo to the list. While I thought Lone Echo was boring, it's still an outstanding demonstration of VR. And Robo Recall, well, it's worth paying for, one of the most polished VR games ever released.

Associate
What do people think about the black levels on the Rift S - I've just got one after having a CV1.

Understand that CV1 is OLED and S is LCD, and that OLED is much better for black levels.

Some games such as Affected The Manor look very grey and makes it tricky to make out details - it's like the game needs to have a brightness slider like you get in a lot of desktop apps to fine tune the settings. Aware that the S will never be as good as CV1 in this regard, but it feels like the S could display a better black image with some minor adjustments, or do you think Oculus have this dialed to the best settings already?

Back
Top Bottom