Ring Of Elysium

Associate
I cannot recommend this game enough to disillusioned / bored PUBG players.

With 3 wins tonight (1 duo and two 3 man squad wins, one of which only 2 of us made it) I can tell you that the satisfaction of winning will never be the same as PUBG.
But at no point have I died in this game and been annoyed, or felt like I had wasted my time. Meaning the overall experience has been far better.

The gunplay is more akin to Battlefield that any other game from the top of my head, which makes for more fun matches (FUN being the overarching descriptor of this game).

Possibly my biggest appraisal thus far; is the spawn and zone system (complimented perfectly via the gliding, snowboarding and ziplining).
I'll not go into detail, as it won't reveal it's true majesty until you play. But rest assured that you will much less likely be blaming the RNG, or the ****** zone for your demise.

More games need to be played before I can make good comment on the end game, as I can see that without good balance it could become frustrating. However, thus far, it has only provided laughs and merriment.
... Be prepared to leave living teammates to die in the cold...

Also the game runs smooth as a baby's back end on my turd computer, while also looking much better than PUBG.

PayPal on request if the developers decide this is too good a review to remain on one site only.

Last edited:
Soldato
its only EU regulations holding this up
what regulations? (i'm too lazy too google)
Hmm, looking at the negative reviews on Steam, it seems this game is full of malware and possibly includes a cryptominer. Yeah, I'm good thanks.
yup, it's also accessing your secret pics folder and sharing those nudie selfies you took. :p
that old chestnut first surfaced when the game released, i never found any truth in it. now it's on steam it's even less likely to to be true.

I cannot recommend this game enough to disillusioned / bored PUBG players.

With 3 wins tonight (1 duo and two 3 man squad wins, one of which only 2 of us made it) I can tell you that the satisfaction of winning will never be the same as PUBG.
But at no point have I died in this game and been annoyed, or felt like I had wasted my time. Meaning the overall experience has been far better.

The gunplay is more akin to Battlefield that any other game from the top of my head, which makes for more fun matches (FUN being the overarching descriptor of this game).

Possibly my biggest appraisal thus far; is the spawn and zone system (complimented perfectly via the gliding, snowboarding and ziplining).
I'll not go into detail, as it won't reveal it's true majesty until you play. But rest assured that you will much less likely be blaming the RNG, or the ****** zone for your demise.

More games need to be played before I can make good comment on the end game, as I can see that without good balance it could become frustrating. However, thus far, it has only provided laughs and merriment.
... Be prepared to leave living teammates to die in the cold...

Also the game runs smooth as a baby's back end on my turd computer, while also looking much better than PUBG.

PayPal on request if the developers decide this is too good a review to remain on one site only.
couldn't agree more. there's much hilarity to be had. you can play it as a serious br game or just jump in and snowboard/zip line/hang glide round the map to your hearts content and play more casually. it seems to be trying to cater for both the hardcore br type fans and the more casual player - and thus far to my mind succeeding. hitreg seems pretty good and even though we are currently forced to play on NA servers lag/desync is infinitely better than on pubg.

a cracking little game, especially for free. my only worry will be if they somehow try and monetise it (not that i would blame them) but i just hope they don't turn it into a pay2win game.

Soldato
Ah, will wait for EU release then. :)
it's very easy to be fair. open a vpn to start the download, can be closed when the dl starts. open the vpn to load the game, close when game loads. something like tunnelbear with 500mb of free data is more than enough to play this till the eu release. servers are pretty lag free even playing on NA, hitreg is very decent and most importantly it's fun.....snowboarding through a firefight is immense fun! i'm normally not one for a load of faff to play a game a bit early but this for me had been worth it. i am a self confessed pubg super fan (for all it's flaws, i've about 1500 hours pumped into it!) and i haven't looked near it since i started playing this.

Soldato
Couldnt seem to get it to download from steam with the VPN(tunnelbear), got the store page but download just errored.
did you get to the store page just by searching for the game in steam? if so don't do it that way....do this...

• on your VPN of choice find and select the “United States” node on the map and wait for connection confirmation (check your Windows 10 notifications tab)
  • With your Steam client open and logged in, enter “steam://install/755790” into your browser URL bar
  • Confirm your installation path and hit “Install”
the above is taken from this link by wnb (many thanks btw)

worked flawlessly for me following the above steps.

Permabanned
did you get to the store page just by searching for the game in steam? if so don't do it that way....do this...

• on your VPN of choice find and select the “United States” node on the map and wait for connection confirmation (check your Windows 10 notifications tab)
  • With your Steam client open and logged in, enter “steam://install/755790” into your browser URL bar
  • Confirm your installation path and hit “Install”
the above is taken from this link by wnb (many thanks btw)

worked flawlessly for me following the above steps.

Thanks for that, will give it a go later. :)

Soldato
I hope all of you using a VPN to access this game have read your SSA - https://store.steampowered.com/subscriber_agreement/

Steam Subscriber Agreement said:
You agree that you will not use IP proxying or other methods to disguise the place of your residence, whether to circumvent geographical restrictions on game content, to purchase at pricing not applicable to your geography, or for any other purpose. If you do this, Valve may terminate your access to your Account.

I don't know if it's just me, but personally I'd rather not take the risk of losing all my games just to play some F2P flavour of the month.

Back
Top Bottom