RIP Windows Phone

I guess the fluidity, how the whole OS just feels better to me.

Stil no one here has said its the "best", everyone has said they prefer it.

Question is, why do Android users feel they have to come in and ask that?
Why does the choice of a seemingly tiny minority, worry you and other users so much?

Actually Tuvoc said exactly that, which is what I originally replied to in the thread.

It's a discussion forum, it's a topic that interests me because I have a Windows phone for work purposes and I just cannot find any redeeming features, so I'm interested in hearing some actual in depth reasons about why people like it so much - am I missing something or is it really only as simple as 'it just feels better to me'? (I don't like iOS but I can see the obvious upsides and reasons people like it, with Windows I struggle)

The very fact you phrase it as an us vs them type scenario though only demonstrates the bizarre level of defensiveness surrounding what is a simple discussion.

I think the RT part was more of a finding out phase, plus a lot linked to what Window's 8 was doing whilst W10 was being worked on.
W10 the idea being at its core it runs on all MS devices.

Windows RT was just Microsoft being as inept as ever.

It's a laughable scenario that a 1st generation third party X86 Windows tablet runs W10 and Office 2016, while my second generation first party device runs 8.1 RT (Which it launched with) and Office 2013. Top quality support there.
And W10 being on all MS devices is something that hasn't really happened.

It would be divisive if I thought it was my job to always question why Android users HAVE to use it, and why they don't use WP.

But I don't.

I guess the fluidity, how the whole OS just feels better to me.

Stil no one here has said its the "best", everyone has said they prefer it.

Question is, why do Android users feel they have to come in and ask that?
Why does the choice of a seemingly tiny minority, worry you and other users so much?

Why does a thread discussing the potential demise of an OS used by 3% of the worlds phone users anger you so much?

3% is dead. Its 1% above Symbian. When people say its fine, I think its perfectly fair to ask why, and expect more than just "because I like it". Unless your planning on buying a few million Windows Phones, liking it isn't going to save it.

"We" (:rolleyes:) come in here to question why people are clinging onto WP because we see clinging onto it as rather odd, given its past, current, and projected future position. Why are we not allowed to question that?

Windows RT was just Microsoft being as inept as ever.

It's a laughable scenario that a 1st generation third party X86 Windows tablet runs W10 and Office 2016, while my second generation first party device runs 8.1 RT (Which it launched with) and Office 2013. Top quality support there.

And yet you bought a Surface RT why then?

I bought the first one, had no problems with it for what it was then went and got an SP3.

It would be divisive if I thought it was my job to always question why Android users HAVE to use it, and why they don't use WP.

But I don't.

If you don't want to answer people's questions and take part in the discussion without feeling like some sort of victim, you're perfectly free to just... Not bother? :confused:

Why does a thread discussing the potential demise of an OS used by 3% of the worlds phone users anger you so much?

3% is dead. Its 1% above Symbian. When people say its fine, I think its perfectly fair to ask why, and expect more than just "because I like it". Unless your planning on buying a few million Windows Phones, liking it isn't going to save it.

"We" (:rolleyes:) come in here to question why people are clinging onto WP because we see clinging onto it as rather odd, given its past, current, and projected future position. Why are we not allowed to question that?

Because its still supported, it still in the works, W10 is working in progress to be released, and I don't see MS giving up on Mobiles.

If they do, I can just jump whenever I like.

And yet you bought a Surface RT why then?

I bought the first one, had no problems with it for what it was then went and got an SP3.

The Surface RT had some redeeming qualities, it was a good start, it however went absolutely nowhere.

Same with the Surface 2, improvement was there to be seen (However slowly), but then it just went to crap.

Also, the Surface 2 hardware does have good qualities, it's just the software side ironically.

I like the products, but I'm not going to kid myself into thinking they are anything more than poorly executed devices dead from the start.
Unless you think it's acceptable that first party devices have less support than third party devices (That are older than said first party devices)

If you don't want to answer people's questions and take part in the discussion without feeling like some sort of victim, you're perfectly free to just... Not bother? :confused:

How am I a victim, I would be a "victim" if I had no clue what I was buying and using and not being able to do all my day to day tasks and work on my 930, but I can, very well.

Because its still supported, it still in the works, W10 is working in progress to be released, and I don't see MS giving up on Mobiles.

"Its still in the works"
"App support is coming"
"Its getting better"
"The next version will bring X"
etc. etc. etc

ITS BEEN 5 YEARS! COME ON PEOPLE!

If they do, I can just jump whenever I like.

Where wold you jump too? You have stated you hate all Android implementations and iOS.

Symbian? :p

I don't like Android, don't really have a problem with iOS, but iTunes drives me up the wall. Having static icons would annoy me though.

"Its still in the works"...well it is, like all other mobile OSs.
"App support is coming", some are coming, though they are working on Universal apps, but even those I have no need for what I currently have.
"Its getting better"....it has been,
"The next version will bring X"....X like other ones arnt going to bring anything new?.
etc. etc. etc

ITS BEEN 5 YEARS! COME ON PEOPLE!...just like iOS and Android improved over what they had 5 years ago.

Where wold you jump too? You have stated you hate all Android implementations and iOS.

Symbian? :p

How am I a victim, I would be a "victim" if I had no clue what I was buying and using and not being able to do all my day to day tasks and work on my 930, but I can, very well.

You're coming across as a victim because whilst we're trying to have a reasonable discussion about the OS, all you're contributing is a load of overly defensive counter questioning as if we've offended you by even daring to query Windows as a phone OS.

You don't have to post here if the questions bother you so much - it would be nice to hear from some of the Windows phone users who are actually interested in discussing the phones and Windows, rather than just engaging in passive aggressive nonsense because they're upset that people are asking questions about their chosen phone platform.

You're coming across as a victim because whilst we're trying to have a reasonable discussion about the OS, all you're contributing is a load of overly defensive counter questioning as if we've offended you by even daring to query Windows as a phone OS.

You don't have to post here if the questions bother you so much - it would be nice to hear from some of the Windows phone users who are actually interested in discussing the phones and Windows, rather than just engaging in passive aggressive nonsense because they're upset that people are asking questions about their chosen phone platform.

Passive aggressive would be a step down from cu3ed's current stance.

At least he seems to have stopped claiming that anyone who doesn't like Windows Phone is illiterate...

Universal apps.

That's the same spiel that was given with Windows 8 store and Windows 8.1 Store.
At least to me, having followed the tablet stuff, having used multiple different X86 and ARM Windows tablets.

Back
Top Bottom