Road Cycling Essentials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
my only bike is at my parents atm so i am limited to weekend rides.

if i could decide on what bike i wanted i could get some midweek evening rides done

Soldato
Not showing in the challenges yet but some may be interested in this Strava challenge, but like the Mile Blast:

http://app.strava.com/challenges/cycling-may-massive-2013

Anyone else in the current Specialized challenge?

I'm at 1065/1319km (80%)

Need 160 miles in 4 days, doable but I have a pretty big workload on so don't think I'll complete it :(

im in it.. just over 600, no way ill get that done i simply have NO time to ride.. if i didn't commute my bike would sit covered in dust :rolleyes:

Soldato
you can do it!

Sure, I could but at the cost of more important work lol.

BTW who likes my new saddle?

yellow.jpg

Soldato
It's a Fizik test saddle :p They make em bright yellow so you're more likely to take it back. :D

Not getting on w/ my current one so going to try a few out before buying another.

Caporegime
Not showing in the challenges yet but some may be interested in this Strava challenge, but like the Mile Blast:

http://app.strava.com/challenges/cycling-may-massive-2013

Ooh, I'll give that a go. I'm hoping to up my mileage in May compared to April, as April has been a bit pitiful. That being said, I'm on course for 1,000 miles from January to April, so doing well against my target of 3,000 for the year.

Associate
Ooh, I'll give that a go. I'm hoping to up my mileage in May compared to April, as April has been a bit pitiful. That being said, I'm on course for 1,000 miles from January to April, so doing well against my target of 3,000 for the year.

When are you going to join the commuting master race you lazy sod? Think of all the bike kit you'll be able to afford when you're not forking out for fuel...

Also have you persuaded the Mrs to let you do the Tour of the Peak yet? ;)

Caporegime
[Damien];24186345 said:
When are you going to join the commuting master race you lazy sod? Think of all the bike kit you'll be able to afford when you're not forking out for fuel...

I get the train, as it goes, so it wouldn't be a huge saving! I'll have to get on it one of these days... Maybe when they finally finish the guided busway to Manchester.

[Damien] said:
Also have you persuaded the Mrs to let you do the Tour of the Peak yet? ;)

Is that the start of June? I doubt it'll happen to be honest! Which route are you doing?

Soldato
It's a Fizik test saddle :p They make em bright yellow so you're more likely to take it back. :D

Not getting on w/ my current one so going to try a few out before buying another.
Recently got a Specialized Toupe Pro, not really a Specialized fan but it's crazy light at 135g (on my scales) and got a nice bum hugging flex to it.

It's comfortable enough that I stuck it on my commuter and will probably buy another for my other bike.

Soldato
Ah, where from, Fizik direct?

From an LBS, if you know any of yours that stock Fizik give them a buzz to see if they have any demo saddles.

Recently got a Specialized Toupe Pro, not really a Specialized fan but it's crazy light at 135g (on my scales) and got a nice bum hugging flex to it.

It's comfortable enough that I stuck it on my commuter and will probably buy another for my other bike.

My SLR is 124g and it's fine for say 40-50 miles but I'm doing 80+ at least once a week and it's just not that comfy over that sort of distance. What sort of distance/time in the saddle have you tested the Toupe for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom