Road Cycling Essentials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Anyone know what's happened to Minty ?

He's not ridden since last May I think, according to strava. He was ill at one point, which might be connected, I don't know. I don't know if I've got a mobile number for him to check if he's ok.

[Damien] also hasn't ridden much in about 6 months. One of my friends rode with him a while ago and said he'd changed jobs so was driving to work instead of cycling and has piled on the pounds as a result.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Associate

Are you the next JTL? ;)

Grrr, my Inflite 9.0 has been delayed. It's now scheduled for despatch in week 50 back from the original estimate of week 45.

That means I won't have a bike with mudguards until January. My bum is going to be wet, my feet are going to be wet and everyone behind me is going to be getting it in the face (and that's a lot of people).

Soldato
Some like it wet mate!

Let me know how the new Garmin speed/cadence is - I just swapped my GSC10 from road to hybrid (trainer) and really can't see me calibrating it properly every time... My average speeds and cadence were all over the place!

2014-11-14%2012.38.40.jpg

Setup my hybrid with its turbo tyre and had a blast at 'Sufferfest - S Club'... Really struggled after half way so sacked it off at 30 mins and watched some YouTube for a long cool down, then felt strong again so did an intensive end standing sprint!

Last edited:
Soldato
Good stuff. That is on my wishlist. Much better than the older Garmin speed cadence solution.

I should hopefully be trying it out properly this evening. Had a bit of bother finding the speed sensor but got it at the second attempt. Gave it a 16second blast last night :p so it works!

Let me know how the new Garmin speed/cadence is - I just swapped my GSC10 from road to hybrid (trainer) and really can't see me calibrating it properly every time... My average speeds and cadence were all over the place!

Will do :)
Setup my hybrid with its turbo tyre and had a blast at 'Sufferfest - S Club'...

Did you choose that one in the hope that the sound track was by S-Club 7 :p

Associate
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom