Road Cycling

soon be a week since spain and no commute for me...not been well..some guys had covid and felt ****...
i wasnt too good myself but thought its only a cold - when i get bad cold i lose taste and smell (since i can remember before anyone mentiones C word...) but i was fine..so just a cold..
this morning, taste gone, smell...but felt much better, almost normal...
got to work, mentioned in office that taste is gone...full panic was induced :eek:
was told to test...and tested + :mad: sent home...taste came back after i left the office and got a coffee on way...
on Tuesday, when i was feeling worse...i tested "-" ... :rolleyes:
had a realxing day at home eating chocolate - needed to be checking if taste is still here...

seen those lovely through axles on limited version of sworks...
any idea if you can buy them anywhere ?
joepBcu.png

https://www.instagram.com/p/C8U4Q_tsybG

Anyone thinking of doing an outdoor ride of note today, to mark the solstice?
I did a TTT on Zwift - does that count - as fairly usual Thursday antics for me , so probably not! Actually had 13 riders so was able to put 2 teams out... Ended up on a fairly hilly course with the lighter+stronger riders with the climbs from ZRL tuesday still in my legs. Brutal. Took the legs 10-15km to really open up but then was able to enjoy things a little more rather than trying to lead from the rear running out of oxygen calling rotation and trying not to gett dropped after each pull! :cry:

It was a humid evening but a nice one (nice enough to think 'wtf am I doing in the garage'), must be getting slightly heat adapted as 21 degrees when I started and 24 degrees towards the end but didn't find it 'too hot' (no more than normal).

Any of you using Styrkr? Ended up buying quite a bit the other day. Their Snickers/Marathon inspired bar is actually really nice. Tatses like a Snickers but with the consistency of a Lion bar!
Now that's sounding like something I need to try... Linky - or anyone with a referral/etc ?

I've decided against the joke I was going to post about the dangers of... 'descending' too quick when wet... I figure it could get me banned.
Suddenly the 'Ride Prevention Department' has another meaning. Still the killer of joy.

soon be a week since spain and no commute for me...not been well..some guys had covid and felt ****...
Hope you feel better soon!

My comp spec Crux has the same ones only in black but im not sure if they are proprietary and wouldn't fit on lots of dropouts.
My SL7 Comp came with simialar but they're black ones and a bit more rounded ends. Still look smart, very light too.

There's lots of other Ti/Carbon/Light options, but not sure saving 3g on a thru-axle is worth £50 nor the idea of a carbon component you want to be strong. Maybe Ti is the way to go, especially if you want it silver...

Last edited:
Now that's sounding like something I need to try... Linky - or anyone with a referral/etc ?

The product you seek!

I didn't use a code but I know FCADE25 offers 25% off. I was just doom scrolling Instagram and they had a welcome pack for £50 that looked like a good deal. Then I realised if I spend £100 you get a free box of the 'Styrkrthon' bars....

xM360Ug.jpeg

I needed to get a few bits any and I wanted something suited for longer rides and it ticked all the boxes lol.

At the pub again!
L4eoMv1.jpeg

I just can't get over the droopy saddle nose on those SMP saddles :p

What is the idea of them. Some people swear by their saddles but I can't fathom what the "limp" bit at the end is for.

Really rate Styrkr products. The chocolate bars are really good, but a tad hard to eat on the move.

I based my own energy 'mix' on theirs, and it works well.

They look and seem to review really well, they are just bloody expensive like almost all of these things. Even on heavy discount they are expensive.

Last edited:
I just can't get over the droopy saddle nose on those SMP saddles :p

What is the idea of them. Some people swear by their saddles but I can't fathom what the "limp" bit at the end is for.

They look and seem to review really well, they are just bloody expensive like almost all of these things. Even on heavy discount they are expensive.[/IMG]

It's either so your nuts don't get squashed, or it's coming out in sympathy! :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom