Road Cycling

Soldato
My goal was to get an Imperial Century in by the end of July. Debated getting it done tomorrow so went to use Strava to create a route. Set distance to 100m and Elevation to "flat"

Not a single route under 2000m of ascent. The "easiest" one had an 800m climb around 30 miles in! Might need to spend some time myself!

Soldato
My goal was to get an Imperial Century in by the end of July. Debated getting it done tomorrow so went to use Strava to create a route. Set distance to 100m and Elevation to "flat"

Not a single route under 2000m of ascent. The "easiest" one had an 800m climb around 30 miles in! Might need to spend some time myself!
try komoot as well.
not sure in how popoualted with cyclists area you are, but usually komoot has a lot of routes avail

Soldato

Tried building your own route, avoiding the big hills? For big rides I tend to aim for a few landmarks and adjust around obstacles I want to avoid (main roads, bad junctions, etc).

Soldato
try komoot as well.
not sure in how popoualted with cyclists area you are, but usually komoot has a lot of routes avail

Tried building your own route, avoiding the big hills? For big rides I tend to aim for a few landmarks and adjust around obstacles I want to avoid (main roads, bad junctions, etc).

Will give Komoot a go. I think the problem is that there's a lot of mountains around so trying to get a decent distance inevitably involves going over at least one of them, at least without doing a few loops. My best option might be to just head down to the sea and back.

It's weird that Strava doesn't have the route builder on their website. I know there's the manual one, but it'd be nicer if they had the automated version to create a base that you could then tweak. Think i've got one now that sits around 1200m which is do-able.
Might stick the bike rack on the car ready to call the wife :p

fez

fez

Caporegime

Just do what the Strava mad lads do and find a roundabout somewhere and get looping!

Associate
Anyone got any recomendations for HR monitors that isnt a Wahoo Tickr as i have just RMA'd my 5th Tickr v2 they only seem to last me 6-12 months? I am guessing that Wahoo will stop replacing it eventually. I did see GP Lamas video on the new rechargable one and he looks like he dosn't much luck with them and showed a lot of failed ones.

Soldato
Anyone got any recomendations for HR monitors that isnt a Wahoo Tickr as i have just RMA'd my 5th Tickr v2 they only seem to last me 6-12 months? I am guessing that Wahoo will stop replacing it eventually. I did see GP Lamas video on the new rechargable one and he looks like he dosn't much luck with them and showed a lot of failed ones.
I've been using Coospo BLE/ANT+ hrms from Amazon since '18, for indoors and out.

Soldato
Have had zero issues with a garmin HRM dual in 2 years of use.

I stuck with this when replacing mine after 4 years. It still worked but didn't switch off so wasted the remainder of the original battery. Overall I thought it had a good life and was due a replacement anyway.

Soldato
what about Polar ?
they have been on the market since the beginning

Back
Top Bottom