Road Cycling

Soldato
I ordered one of those from Wiggle and it wouldn't hold the bike on the wall. Mounted the bike and it pulled it straight out. The 4 hole ones work fine.

I've 3 mounted to 18mm MDF and then fastened to the wall (single skin brick) with similar fixings and have hung 3 bikes without issue. One of them a very heavy & old disgrace for an excuse of a bicycle! (not mine :o)

Soldato
Ahem - have 3 of these on my 'wheel rack'.

They look a little nicer but I dont think they'd be worth the extra over the other ones we linked.
I havnt properly used the ones I bought yet, I stuck 2 on the wall and test fitted a couple of bikes. They do work but that's not really a proper test yet. I quite like how the hook rotates as it'll fit other sized rims better.

Soldato
Anything other to consider over my usual Continental Grand Prix 4000S II Folding Road Tyre??

I've had no issues with them as my summer tyre etc - happy to go with them again unless someone can tell me anything better to consider?

Soldato
Well that was soggy! Remembered to pack spare bibs, just not socks for the ride home! Hopefully drying room at work will actually work wonders.

Loving the Camo paintwork on the new Cervelo R5 that's been spied.

Last edited:
Soldato
My Powertap C1 arrived yesterday but I had a long training course and didn't get back until 8.20pm so not fitted it yet.
Anyone Zwifting tonight? Think I'm going to, more to enjoy riding in the dry than anything else. Got soaked 4 times already today and a 5th is incoming when I ride home. Bleh! Might do some mountain reps as we're back on Wattopia
Jumped on and couldn't miss the temptation of riding the Volcano for the first time so just chose laps of it, did a couple of lap efforts and the rest of it looking around (while watching some walking dead).

Did an all out lap at ~320W to take the top of the OcUK leaderboard (but only 4 on there! ;)). Was 5th/4th fastest online at the time (someone dropped off) and that's probably the closest I'll ever come to a Zwift jersey when riding the system determined map/location. ;)

Weirdly my Zwift didn't auto-upload the ride to Strava at the end so I manually added it from the .fit file. Weirdly now I seem to have a corrupted ride alongside my uploaded ride, but I cannot open the 'corrupted' ride as a separate entity (as it doesn't display or open as a different ride) to remove it. Just means I see doubled segment efforts. :rolleyes:
mate of mine just order a Canyon ENDURACE CF SL DISC 8.0.

In stock - delivered in 60 days!
Edited for you. ;)

He'll love it, beautiful bike!
managed to punt myself into the back of a car today, while braking, going up a hill (derp)
Glad mostly ok, hope the driver wasn't too annoyed and no damage that side! :o
We have another power/weight thread with a load of peoples FTP in, wouldn't the two be better consolidated or are they separate subjects (one for details, one for advice)?
A few wall hooks and my garage bike storage is complete :)

32491632122_582a5d59ec_o.jpg
Awesome, but one of your bikes is the wrong brand! ;)

#iamspecialized ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom