Road Cycling

Soldato
Latest on my chainring issue.. does seem it is worn chainring.

If you watch the video in slo-mo you can see the chain jump off a tooth. It doesn't really leave it cleanly.

This is how the teeth are generally looking too:
QBC339V.png

Would Ultegra rings be the best choice? Aware there are a few other options but don't understand why they'd be worth it over standard Shimano. I figure it's best I probably just go for the full chainset with crank arms based on price being about £30-40 difference than just two chainrings. I've been wanting to go 52/36 anyway..
0bd53fe8-a47e-4688-bbe0-0f33120d2ad2

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Oooh ok well I can always take a look. If I'm thinking of the right hill, Dragon Hill leads up to a car park near by with an ice cream van usually parked up. Ben can revive me with ice cream if I pass out

Soldato
http://cyclinguphill.com/100-climbs/dragon-hill-road/

Whiteleaf is tougher :p

Just looking at my PMC now from all this. Last time I had a day off the bike was 25th April. Woopsy.

Lord, a whole month without a rest day :p

Easing up a bit on my longer weekend rides as previously I've been trying to push the average & notional powers higher over 3 to 4 hours but with reasonably intense rides/efforts in the week I found myself getting in to a bit of a hole. I still get two rest days in during the week but tend to be riding Tuesday and then Thursday through to Sunday with varying lengths & intensities and also try to walk a fair bit too along side being active around the house.

Soldato
Eugh that's nasty jonny. I've had it before when I was younger once when I fell asleep on a sunbed in tenerife.soon learn from that.

Great day in the saddle today. 27 miles this morning before work. Was feeling the heat even at that time. Forgot to take my shower gel in with me when I got to work!

Then a nice 43 this afternoon making a 70 mile day. Not gonna have as much time as I'd like this weekend due to other plans so making the most of the weather whilst I can. Not ridden the Ridley last few weeks. I always forgot how nicely it rolls.

Permabanned
Lovely ride to work this morning and managed a PB in moving time too which I was pleased with :cool:. Heart started racing though when a taxi driver at my side decides to pull in rather swiftly without indicating. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom