Road Cycling

Soldato
Crud Roadracers work one of two ways

1) you leave them next to your bike and they sort of fall on and work perfectly forever more. This mainly happens if you have a Trek, as Treks were what they used when they designed them

2) you spend hours sodding around trying to get them to stop sss-ssss-sss-ssss ing. You finally achieve it. You take the bike out of the workstand, ride it 30 metres (no more, no less) and they start hissing again. Repeat for another few hours. Remove. give the guards to a mate who has a trek and buy a kinesis T2

Ask me how I know....

Man of Honour
OP
Sounds good :)

Getting the excuses in nice and early? :p

Pretty much :p Though hoping to do an everest in May/June next year so I really won't have much of an excuse for being off form unless it's the day after or something :p

Crud Roadracers work one of two ways

1) you leave them next to your bike and they sort of fall on and work perfectly forever more. This mainly happens if you have a Trek, as Treks were what they used when they designed them

2) you spend hours sodding around trying to get them to stop sss-ssss-sss-ssss ing. You finally achieve it. You take the bike out of the workstand, ride it 30 metres (no more, no less) and they start hissing again. Repeat for another few hours. Remove. give the guards to a mate who has a trek and buy a kinesis T2

Ask me how I know....

That was my experience of the mk2s too. I've heard from a few people that the mk3s are like night and day in terms of how much better they are though. Have you tried them?

Soldato
That was my experience of the mk2s too. I've heard from a few people that the mk3s are like night and day in terms of how much better they are though. Have you tried them?

I have heard they're better, but after my experiences with Mk2s I bought a Kinesis T2 so haven't had any need for them since

Man of Honour
OP
I have heard they're better, but after my experiences with Mk2s I bought a Kinesis T2 so haven't had any need for them since

Yeah, also same here. I use big boy mudguards these days.

However, if they actually live up to expectations I might try some on a more racey bike in future. I'd prefer to let other people be guinea pigs though...

Soldato
Fun track session last night - basically a non stop hour long endurance run:

https://www.strava.com/activities/1283716967

Quite pleased with the av speed and smooth cadence (except a blip when someone chopped in front of me) especially as it chucked down with rain twice making visibility through glasses damn near impossible - constantly having to wipe lenses to see, plus we're under floodlights which aren't exactly super bright. Drafting was banned so everyone had to cut their own air. I got a bit of cramp in my foot but rode it off, probably wet socks wrapped around hot feet causing that.

Felt strong. Probably my best track session this season.

Last edited:
Soldato
@Roady That Devils Staircase you've set a 9min goal for looks pretty brutal at the start, it's like Draycott Steel's little brother (that I only had time to descend and not climb last Monday), which is 725 feet elevation in 1.2 miles! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom