Road to the BNBF Welsh Qualifiers 2011 - Progess Journal

Man of Honour
OP
These final weeks are a constant mind ****

One day I'll wake up looking fantastic, like I'm almost ahead of schedule, and it will put me in an awesome mood and ready to go and do whatever I have to do. Then next morning I'll wake looking like rubbish, soft and bloated and like I won't be ready in 3 months let alone 3 weeks. I seem to have a real problem with holding water, and it's trying to find what triggers it

I phoned Rob as I was genuinely down about it last night. Sat with my girlfriend just not saying a word, being a miserable idiot. So phoned him to chat about it and he said it's normal. He said that the last two weeks are the biggest transformation of the cut, you'll go from looking soft to shredded, because of the cutting carbs, holding less water and so on.

Made me feel better, but it's still got me worried if I'll be ready in time. I don't want to go on stage and embarrass myself, and I'm not doing it just to 'step on stage'. If I'm not competitive, then there's no point.

And worst of all, my "movements" are non existent this last week. Probably not helping with the bloating, so going to get something to help flush me out this weekend :p Sorry for the too much info post

J.T

J.T

Soldato
Even though I've not done what you are doing (though I would love to try) I can empathise with you as I am a bit of a depressive when it comes to my body, think I may have that Body dimorphic thingy or something as sometimes I to wake up feeling great and in shape then the next morning feel bloated and fat!!!, although the second statement is probably closer to the truth! :(

All I can say is try to put it out of your mind and concentrate on the end game, keep your chin up and remember no matter what, you are doing it when there are loads of people that give up or don't even try and you have the respect of many people on here for what you have done/are going to do. :)

You are doing a great job Steedie, keep it up mate and I am looking forward to cheering you on in Wales! :)

Man of Honour
OP
Cheers buddy :) I'm looking forward to your support :) means a lot you're coming. You're more than welcome to join me and my friends/family after the show for the feast

J.T

J.T

Soldato
Thank you for the invite. :)

If I can I will, it all depends on what time the show finishes to be honest as I have to get back to my good lady and 3 little monsters at some point... LOL!

Even if I can’t join you I am hopping I can say hi at some point, also Possibly bringing a couple of other people with me (and the offer of a lift is still open to anyone on here who wants to come depending on their location of course, 2 places left in my car) so you should have quite the fan club! :)

Man of Honour
We all suffer from body issues - I know I do. As I've got older, I've got wiser and just broader shouldered and as such I try not to be upset with the way I am. I know I've done well, I know that people give me more attention and compliments - however, I don't think I'll ever be super happy. I wish I had started looking after myself earlier, and learnt more about this sort of thing.

I think your transformation has be remarkable - you can so clearly see your improvements and the effort you've put in. Your hormones and stress you're putting on your body will undoubtedly be causing you doubts and issues. However, you have to remember this is a transitionary thing - the next 2 weeks will see you undergo the biggest changes, however, ONLY because you've put so much effort into it from the beggining. Keep at it mate, and reward yourself with the knowledge of what you can achieve. I wish I had the confidence and want to do something like this, I know I couldn't. You have my admiration.

Man of Honour
OP
As always you guys are awesome

Thank you so so much, I mean it when I say that when I do get up on that stage, it won't be without thanks to this forum. You've provided support at times like this when I feel like just throwing in the towel :)

I'm not always a whining git just the only moaning I can do is on here as you guys are the only ones who understand, being gym regulars yourselves

Associate
Hi Steedie, well done on ur results so far great dedication :)
I am going to compete at the st albans central on 31st july, by wot i have read i think u are competing there as well as the welsh?
Do u know where i can find any info on how the day runs, weigh in's, weight classes Etc.
The bnbf forum moderator still has not activated my account so cant get any info
Where are u based? Im in Watford

This is my first Comp, Hoping to weigh in at 70kg's

Good luck and thanks mate

Man of Honour
OP
Best bet would be to go to a show before yours :) I'm going to the southern show today for exactly that reason. Just find out how it all happens and runs. Likewise, my BNBF forum account has not been activated, after 4 months :p

Looking forward to seeing you at the Centrals mate

Soldato
Only just found this thread last night, just wanted to say nice 1 to Steedie, you've done a great job, I read about 90% of this thread which took me ages lol, it was a well kept journal/log, prob one of best I've seen, it was good to see pictures and see changes, you've really made me excited about my own progress because I'm currently cutting and have been cutting for 45 days now and when I last weighed myself 2 days ago I'd lost 14.1lbs, and I'm hoping to lose another 30 pounds or more over next 8-12 weeks...If I do half as good as you've done in this thread then I'll be laughing.

Good job ! :D

Man of Honour
OP
Thanks mate

Be sure to keep a log of everything along the way, whether it's log weight or take pictures. It all helps to help you see progress and keep you motivated. I've taken pictures every week, although I haven't posted them on here as it's not always a big change, but I've still taken them every week so I can see exactly what's changed

Best of luck to you :) you can do it

So today was the day I was originally going to be competing. And I must admit, this weekend, I've gone through all my posing, water has cleared off me a lot due to a few digestion issues clearing :p and just not stressing out so much. And I definitely couldn't have competed and placed high today, but I don't think I would have looked out of place up there. And that's definitely a positive thing to think with 3 weeks out.

I've dropped carbs again now, so from tomorrow I'm on 125g a day. Don't even know what it works out to be calorie wise now, but probably not a lot. I'm going to be so hungry, my meals are all cooked ready for tomorrow and they look pathetic :p

But this is it guys, the last 3 weeks, 21 days!

I'll promise I'll give a picture update this week too!

Back
Top Bottom