Road to the BNBF Welsh Qualifiers 2011 - Progess Journal

Soldato
Awesome stuff! Thats interesting how many carbs you are eating. I always had it in my mind that people ate virtually none in the lead up to comps, not that ive done any research at all though. Whats the lowest your carbs will drop to say in the final week?

Man of Honour
OP
Well next week it goes down to 100g, then the final week or "peak" week, it's 0 or very very little carbs until the last day, when you "carb up"

I'm currently bang on 72kg, so hopefully come in to the show about 69-69.5kg, which is good as it gives a lot of room to carb up. You don't want to go in on the day on the weight limit as that gives you no room to get full again

Last edited:
Soldato
Well next week it goes down to 100g, then the final week or "peak" week, it's 0 or very very little carbs until the last day, when you "carb up"

I'm currently bang on 72kg, so hopefully come in to the show about 69-69.5kg, which is good as it gives a lot of room to carb up. You don't want to go in on the day on the weight limit as that gives you no room to get full again

So would it go like this as an exmaple?

Last 4 weeks:
Week 4 - 150g carbs
week 3 - 125g carbs
week 2 - 100g carbs
week 1 - 0 carbs
Day of competition - 150g carbs

Or have I miss understood, I'm only asking because I'd like to do the same/copy what your doing, I dont mean for a comp, I just mean to cut down to very low body fat.

Man of Honour
OP
A lot more than 150g on the day of competition :) but other than that, spot on

You don't want to follow this though, because unless you're competing or have a specific day you're training for, the second you start eating normal carbs again, your body is just going to pile on the pounds again and you're back to where you started.

I went from week 0 to week 16 on 250-300g carbs a day and still lost a massive amount of weight

You need to remember, <10% is extremely hard to maintain unless you never treat yourself and you live by a super strict diet 24/7

Soldato
Well...it's been a long time since I posted around these here parts :eek:

I thought I'd pop in as we were at the show yesterday and I even went up to some guy I thought was Steedie and asked if it was him, only to be told no :D

Anyhow, when I've got a bit more time tonight I'll answer a couple of questions about the shows that were asked earlier on :)

J.T

J.T

Soldato
Nice one Desmo.

In that case we will be getting there for around 12:00. :)

Only downer is I am going to have to take a large cool bag with all my meals in! :(

Soldato
Haha, are you on some sort of super cut? :p

I'll aim to get there for 11:30 to 11:45 just so we're there with plenty of time. I'll pop an email to you at some point before the event to grab your mobile number or something, then give you a call when we get there, yeah?

Soldato
I'm half tempted to come up for this. Been toying with the idea of competing and it would be good to see what I'll be up against should I decide to do it next year. And to watch Steedie win off course!

J.T

J.T

Soldato
Haha, are you on some sort of super cut? :p

I'll aim to get there for 11:30 to 11:45 just so we're there with plenty of time. I'll pop an email to you at some point before the event to grab your mobile number or something, then give you a call when we get there, yeah?

I'll chuck you my number now mate to save some time, assuming your email is in trust. ;)

Not on what you would call a "super cut" but I am trying to cut some fat of the so diet is a bit strict at the moment although sticking to it at the weekend is nigh on impossible what with the missus and kids trying to get me to eat all sorts of crap!... :/

Back
Top Bottom