Road to the BNBF Welsh Qualifiers 2011 - Progess Journal

Man of Honour
OP
Well down to 71.4kg now, so I should hit the target weight by end of the week, which means anything I lose after that is going to be good room for me to carb up on the day

My energy is ridiculous at the moment though, I've had to book the next 2 weeks off work as I just can't stay awake at the moment, and it's only going to get worse as my carbs and portions go down even more.
I had a bit of a scare as well when, well, I don't know what happened but I just sort of collapsed at home, didn't black out or wasn't out for any length of time or anything, just fell over in a heap for no apparent reason, hasn't happened before and luckily hasn't happened since

Soldato
It's not unusual Steedie, it's a massive shock to the system and it doesn't know how to cope. Plenty of people have quite out in the run up to a comp as they just can't get on with it. Taking time off is good but make sure you keep yourself as active as you can :)

Man of Honour
OP
Will do Desmo, I'm going to rest a lot but make sure I also get a lot of things done so I'm not just sat around all day

Worst thing is not being able to sleep at the moment, takes me ages to finally get to sleep, go to bed at 9 and then finally fall asleep around midnight, then constantly wake up throughout the night :(

Man of Honour
OP
Today has been a very strange day. All day I've felt knackered, motivated and positive but knackered. Nothing strange there, but people have started being very negative around me. Quite a few people urging me to quit based on how I am at work.

It got massively frustrating after hearing it from several people in short succession. Left work as normal feeling very odd, walked into my room, collapsed on to my bed, then out of nowhere I just burst into tears. I haven't cried in ages, and it just came about out the blue. And I couldn't stop for about 10 minutes. And I must admit, in those 10 minutes I'd quit mentally, and was starting to think what people had been saying was maybe true.

I eventually cried myself out and had a nap, woke up feeling better. Watched Ronnie Coleman - Relentless and ate my food and feeling better. I know I'm not going to quit and Im more focused than ever, but that wasn't a nice 10 minutes for me

I'm not fishing for sympathy or encouragement, just this has almost become a journal for mental as well as physical progress so thought I'd leave it here

Soldato
I've not posted in the thread before, but just want to say what you have achieved so far is amazing. THe hard work and dedication you have displayed is awesome, keep at it. Not long left now, the buzz of excitement when you are on the stage will make up for any downers you experience leading up to it.

Soldato
To be honest anyone who can be negative about what you are doing should go to hell (for the time being at least). What you've achieved so far is crazy and i bet a fair bit of what you get is jealousy whether they admit it or not. Just ignore the haters, keep up what you are doing and blitz it on the day :)

Associate
That's pretty rubbish of them to be like that when you are now so close! No doubt the lack of fat in your diet will be making you feel low.

dod

dod

Soldato
It's a bit like the saying "don't argue with idiots as they'll just drag you down to their level".

By doing what you're doing you're way beyond their comfort zone, you're making them feel bad about themselves and, as Skillmister says, quite probably jealous of you having the discipline and commitment to do it.

Keep at it, fantastic effort :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Today has been a very strange day. All day I've felt knackered, motivated and positive but knackered. Nothing strange there, but people have started being very negative around me. Quite a few people urging me to quit based on how I am at work.

It got massively frustrating after hearing it from several people in short succession. Left work as normal feeling very odd, walked into my room, collapsed on to my bed, then out of nowhere I just burst into tears. I haven't cried in ages, and it just came about out the blue. And I couldn't stop for about 10 minutes. And I must admit, in those 10 minutes I'd quit mentally, and was starting to think what people had been saying was maybe true.

I eventually cried myself out and had a nap, woke up feeling better. Watched Ronnie Coleman - Relentless and ate my food and feeling better. I know I'm not going to quit and Im more focused than ever, but that wasn't a nice 10 minutes for me

I'm not fishing for sympathy or encouragement, just this has almost become a journal for mental as well as physical progress so thought I'd leave it here

Post some pics so we can big you up m8

Associate
Haven't posted in the thread before either but it amazes me what your doing and the log has been one of the best reads on OCUK for years. Don't give up, your more than past the point of no return lol.

Get some pics up so we can all gasp in amazement! Again keep at it and remember haters gonna hate ;)

J.T

J.T

Soldato
Let me know where these people are Steedie and I'll beat on them for you! :mad:
:D

I bet they are mostly fat/lazy and just don't want to see you do well, screw them mate!

Soldato
For those hating the haters, have you ever been around somebody on a competition prep? :D

It can be tough going and it's hard to understand why that person would be doing it. It doesn't make much sense to those who aren't involved when the person prepping becomes grumpy, sluggish, snappy and more. I'm not saying Steedie is doing all of that around his workmates but he may be and he may not realise it. Relationships have broken down just becuase of competition prep, it's a very selfish sport at times. Don't hate the haters too much, they just don't understand what you're going through.

As you say Steedie, stick to being determined. You've come too far now to chuck it away like many have before you. Be the one to carry it through and step on that stage...no excuses :)

J.T

J.T

Soldato
I haven't Desmo, but I have a feeling being involved in Bodybuilding (sort of :)) I would be supportive and understanding.

I can see what you mean though, it must seem a little crazy to people on the outside, would still like to give them a slap! :D LOL

I guess you just have to try and surround yourself with the people who understand and will keep you positive and try to ignore the negative ones, we got your back Steedie. :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Cheers guys, as always, your words are too kind :)

Desmo, I totally understand why people are like it. I am a miserable **** these days, I have the shortest temper in the world and I am finding myself very impatient with people and very rude sometimes to the point it shocks me and I have to immediately apologise. It's another reason I booked 2 weeks off work as I just don't want to damage my reputation around here by people thinking I'm always moody/tired. Because a lot of people don't know what I'm doing so just think that's how I am

I am the luckiest guy in the world with my girlfriend though as I feel so sorry for her, I try to save my good moods for her but I'm just so tired all the time and I am cranky sometimes, but she has been so understanding and so patient with me. She does whatever she can to help and she has played a massive part in keeping me going, and it breaks my heart that it's so one sided at the moment as I just don't have the energy/time to do all the things I want too to repay her. I'm booking us a holiday away though as soon as I know what's happening and I'm going to spoil her rotten

But yeah, people have a right to be annoyed at me but to tell me to quit is not on, and I would never tell people to quit on there dreams or ambitions.

Back
Top Bottom