Road to the BNBF Welsh Qualifiers 2011 - Progess Journal

Soldato
Because a lot of people don't know what I'm doing so just think that's how I am
Then let them know :) The more people know the more they're likely to understand and maybe be a little more forgiving.
But yeah, people have a right to be annoyed at me but to tell me to quit is not on, and I would never tell people to quit on there dreams or ambitions.
Too right, they should never mention quitting, that's just not on.

Keep plodding away mate. It's hard work and it's the constant work that grinds you down. It's a ride you can't get off even when it's the last thing you want to do. But the reward is close. Two weeks to go and then, trust me, it's all worth while. I've never competed, but watching Sinead on stage gave me the biggest grin I've ever had so can only imagine what it's like to be up there myself.

J.T

J.T

Soldato
Reading what you have done Steedie really makes me wish I had done it while younger.

Truth be told if I could find someone to train me I would give it a go now even though I am an old bugger LOL! :(

J.T

J.T

Soldato
Thanks Desmo. ;)

Like I said, I would need a trainer to push me.

I would need to do a big cut, currently sitting at 90.8KG but I'm pretty sure I would need to cut to around 80KG to look the business, not very lean at the moment. :(

Reminds me, I must get some pics/stats up at some point. :)

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
36 is not old! The oldest guys were over 50 last year. :)

gdads.jpg

Edit: Got this from my FB where I captioned it "The Grandads - over 50s!" and someone has tagged the guys in it... ooops!

BB x

Last edited:
Associate
You've changed the world Steedie :p.

Seriously though, the progress you have already made is impressive. As everyone has said just keep slogging away at it because you owe it to yourself now. I'm looking forward to seeing the end product...

... No homo :)

Man of Honour
You've made brilliant progress mate dropping out now or even considering it would be doing yourself a massive disservice, you will always get people who don't understand why you're doing what you're doing.

Man of Honour
OP
IMG_1900.jpg

to

IMG_2188.jpg

Excuse the photo, I look so tired because I took it as I woke up. Just lol at the first photo :( Photos just don't do me justice at the moment, without blowing my own trumpet, the crap lighting always makes me look so soft, the gym lights are much better for photos but it's getting photos taken there without looking like a ****

Associate
WOW...looks like a totally diferent person. And you hazzz abs without even tensing them :) You are correct...lighting plays a huge difference when taking pics. Hows the definition coming though on the legs?

Man of Honour
OP
Yeah abs without tensing is nice :D that was the first real sign I knew I was coming in right

Legs look ok at the moment, I hold a lot of water on my legs, and with cardio 2 hours a day 7 days a week, they never really get much time to rest. But I stop cardio and leg activity the Tuesday before the show to let them rest and make them properly come through. I also have to lie with my legs elevated a lot towards the show to flush the water out of them

Associate
really...i didn't know there was as much prep for a contest as that. That's mental...needing to get water out of legs. Then again..i never done it so...
Unreal difference though eh...i bet you though you wasn't to bad when you were at the start either! Well done.

Back
Top Bottom