Robot Wars returning to BBC2!

Soldato
Why don't pulsar just reduce the power of the drive?

Its not like they are getting traction anyway, or even increase traction so the wheels don't spin freely burning the drive.

Caporegime
I'm amazed that people attach the spinners directly to pretty expensive motors rather than letting the spinner act like a flywheel and using some sort of clutch to disengage it from the motor. Pulsar have been burning through motors each series and don't seem to have learnt much about them.

Caporegime
This is the single worst episode of RW I've ever seen, it's farcical how weak the robots are now.

If they continue this program they need to completely rethink how the robots are produced. Not sure how much they cost but perhaps the production company could fund the teams with the best robots so they have more spares or replacement robots? It's car crash TV as it stands.

Caporegime
I think the show needs to figure out if it's a thing for school kids to watch and take part in, or something else.

Soldato
They also need to stop making the rules up as they go along. Calling a draw and giving both teams two points could massively disadvantage the other two teams through no fault of their own.

Man of Honour
they really are clueless no wonder (was it chaos or razer) who said they wouldn't participate again due to incompetence.
sell the rights to netflix or amazon i bet they would do a better job.

Man of Honour
I honestly wonder whether you guys are watching a different series to me.
what are you watching.
the format is utterly terrible. Robots that either simply cant carry on, or have to carry on in an utterly destroyed state. Should be simple knockout, not having so many fights on the same day.

on top of that half the robots simply cant cause any damage
another 5/12ths of the robots are so poor they kill themselfs
which leaves a few decent bots.

it is poor.

roll on battlebots that although isn't perfect is far far better than this.

Caporegime
roll on battlebots that although isn't perfect is far far better than this.
Battle Bots would be awesome without all of the Jesus loving BS that takes up most of the program. Drop the talking and just have a single episode with all the fights and then they might have something worth watching rather than recording and fast forwarding through.

Man of Honour
Battle Bots would be awesome without all of the Jesus loving BS that takes up most of the program. Drop the talking and just have a single episode with all the fights and then they might have something worth watching rather than recording and fast forwarding through.
there's usually a stripped down version on reddit, or just fast forward to the fights.

Soldato
It's the format that ruins this show. Supernova and Pulsar could have done better had they been allocated more time to do repairs and didn't have to fight so many times. The current format causes people to create heavily armoured flipper robots that require less maintenance and don't take much to repair, and the teams are far too kind to each other when it comes to destroying the other bots. It needs to be a pure knockout format that encourages more aggresive driving and robots that are built to inflict as much damage as possible.

Man of Honour
Agreed, the format ruins it. The robots go in and don't work. You can't possibly repair those robots in 2 hours having met a spinner in the ring. Ridiculous putting all those spinners together too in one heat.

Battlebots is so much better. I just fast forward through the faff.

Caporegime
The Robots in this Series remind me of Premiership Footballers with how easy it is to for them to dramatically fail. That Wyrm Robot basically drove to the edge of the Arena and crapped out, i don't even think it took a hit.

Show this to anyone of the teams on Battlebots and they'd probably be peeing themselves laughing with how easily some of these things are being disabled.

Associate
I really enjoyed yesterday's episode. Having the perspex covered school project in there was brilliant, they need £500 spinner fodder just to get some decent carnage.
And the Wyrm team instantly became my favourite team with their spirit and approach, lobbing the robot in a skip at the end I found hilarious :D
Looking forward to next week, it seems to have all the good robots.

Caporegime
I'm just looking forward to seeing that weird cone shaped robot which is appearing next week, after all the waiting it'll probably be out in record time as well.

Soldato
The robots on RW will never be as good as battlebots as the BBC don't allow sponsors who are funding the professional teams on battlebots. They are two different shows, I don't want RW to turn into a poor man's BB. I like when a team like wyrm weld thier robot in the street and have no idea what they are doing, that's the spirit of RW. :p

Back
Top Bottom