Robot Wars returning to BBC2!

Soldato
While i remember, i noticed some guys in that episode from a previous one, am i right in assuming the whole series is recorded over a couple of days and each episode round is staggered?

Soldato
Glad Nuts 2 went through, it's something a bit different that's evolved and ended up half decent, one thing it does have going for it is once it starts spinning it'll almost always get the first hit in!

I agree with a previous comment though its often had to find a likeable team in the past couple of series!

Caporegime
Is there some weird policy in this show that when it shows the teams and what started them building bots they all have to stand there like wannabe gangsta rappers and fold their arms while the video goes into slow mo for no apparent reason? Gets bloody irritating once you notice they virtually all do it.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Is there some weird policy in this show that when it shows the teams and what started them building bots they all have to stand there like wannabe gangsta rappers and fold their arms while the video goes into slow mo for no apparent reason? Gets bloody irritating once you notice they virtually all do it.
Particularly if your name is Tim and you have a crap Mohawk :D

Soldato
Only seen the first 1.5 episodes so far, so have to tread carefully in this thread.... and as a result I'm responding to old posts....

There was a decent clusterbot in one of the early series called "Gemini", can't remember how well it did. The little one with the spinner from Sunday did quite well. I agree about the weight issue though.
Gemini was one of the low points from the original run, IMO. Was a great robot(s), but ruined by the stupid immobilisation rules they had at the time: when one was immobilised, they counted the whole robot as being out.

That guy from team Apollo is a bell as well. Hope they don’t win.

Sabretooth guy also a pillock. Where do they find them?
To be honest, I really like the Apollo guy (and his various teammates). And love the teams that properly camp it up like the sabertooth guy. I do watch it with my 7-year old, though, so maybe that affects my perception :D

Caporegime
Gemini was the king of the pinball course though. I miss the alternative events. They should bring back the gauntlet and the assault course and stuff. It's getting boring just having fights.

Soldato
Gemini was the king of the pinball course though. I miss the alternative events. They should bring back the gauntlet and the assault course and stuff. It's getting boring just having fights.
To be honest, I don't miss them.

But one of my all-time favourite moments was in one of those events. Cassius, when it rolled onto its back and I thought it was out: cue the debut of the SRiMec (hitherto no robot had such a thing). I went absolutely bananas. Amazing!

Soldato
I dont understand why it couldnt have started 2 weeks early then it wouldn't need a break for the tennis. Looking at thor, i can t decide if hes changed the look of it.

Back
Top Bottom