Robot Wars returning to BBC2!

Caporegime
Probably the weakest episode of the series, but still enjoyable. Thor seems to have developed a weak CO2 link in its latest incarnation. Might Magnatar be the answer to Carbide?

Expulsion seemed to be choosing the wrong weapon, and the self-right was duff, but it was an otherwise solid robot from a likeable team with a good attitude. That flipper looked pretty good for it's one working flip... Hobgoblin's weapon seemed too penned in to deal damage, and the gripper was just as ineffective as every gripper.

Soldato
Glad that Thor was back this week and it seems to have got fast and much more manoeuvrable...? But it does seem to have either had bad luck or something is happening with its Co2 pipework to cause it to vent like that.

Should be a great final :)

Soldato
Yea looking forward to the 10 robot rumble!

I think there's a couple of robots in the final that are really well engineered and it'll be interesting when they meet reach other.

Still think it's a real shame TR2 didn't get selected, especially with how disappointing some of the robots have been, a few of them flippers!

Soldato
It looked at the time that the first two heats were overly stacked with decent bots and now after seeing the last two that confirms it was 100% the case. It's a joke that tracktion and expulsion has got to the 10 way melee and aftershock didn't! I know magnetar didn't have too much competition but it did look good, now Ellis has finally sorted out all the reliability issues it looks pretty scary.

Associate
It's a joke that tracktion and expulsion has got to the 10 way melee and aftershock didn't!

This makes me sad. They should bring back seeding to avoid stacking episodes. Although my cynical side thinks that might've been done on purpose to ensure they didn't have a repeat of previous finals.

No third place playoff, so not sure what happens to the curse of third place (3rd place has always then been rejected the next series - TR2 in season 8 and Ironside in season 9)

Magnetar looking awesome, but still worry about how fragile it may be. Felt like the weapon was only really spun up to max at the ends of fights (based purely off of the drum hum)

Soldato
As others have said, this was probably the weakest episode of the series, but Magnetar was a worthy winner. I'm looking forward to the final. Does the winner of the 10 robot rumble get put into the finals or is it just a bit of fun?

Associate
As others have said, this was probably the weakest episode of the series, but Magnetar was a worthy winner. I'm looking forward to the final. Does the winner of the 10 robot rumble get put into the finals or is it just a bit of fun?

Winner of the 10 way gets the 6th spot in the final, format then expected to be as per previous episodes but no 3rd/4th place fight (shame) as the screen time for that went on the 10 way.

I think the drum is effective before it is at top speed where you get the hum. However Carbide's seems to be full after about 4 seconds.

True. Carbide vs Magnetar would be a hell of a fight to see, carbide definitely up to speed sooner but the drum should have the advantage over the horizontal bar if they meet weapon to weapon.

Soldato
Glad that Thor was back this week and it seems to have got fast and much more manoeuvrable...? But it does seem to have either had bad luck or something is happening with its Co2 pipework to cause it to vent like that.

Should be a great final :)

I guess he must have changed the design for it to happen twice, altho it didnt get mentioned in the pits. And what is it with calling ellis a boy genius, if he was he would know to have a hair cut once in a while:p.

Soldato
I saw the stats that they noted about Thor, but it was far to quick on the screen, where they show a series of bars at the bottom, to notice if there had been any differences made in Thor's capabilities, but I doubt that it would have shown there. I can't remember what the speed was but I did think that it was one of the fastest bots, and it certainly manoeuvred well.

I don't think from when they played back the slo mo of Thor being flipped and then vented Co2 that it was from penetration but more of how the Co2 system has somehow been adapted and is currently vulnerable to shock.

We both wondered if they were taking the mick out of Ellis with that hair thing he had going on, altho his bot was pretty damn good.

Back
Top Bottom