Roccat Kone Mouse - Wheel Broken ...

Soldato
seen as im quite friendly with the guy who deals with uk distribution of most hardware companies I think im ok :p

eg: i let him know about the mouse button sticking but need a mouse for a month for uni work deadlines. He said give him a shout when i am ready and we'll swap it out :)

Associate
Wahey, spoke to an awesome guy at OCUK whom is going to sort it out so that I can pay the difference and upgrade to one of the new Razer Mamba's!!

Panic over, to think I was reading up on small claims courts this morning!

Just pay for shipping back to OCUK one more time ^^

Yay Back to Razer. Roccat you were too good to be true :p

Associate
I too am dissappointed OcUK will not offer an exchange or refund :(. I think I am going to switch my mouse to a Mamba even if Roccat/OcUK promises me a perfect replacement - though I am not sure I am going to buy through OcUK next time.

Soldato
I'm a bit peed off here. wtf are ocuk playing at? Yes i got the world of help during the first day as it broke then, but after that NOTHING. no support forum help, no intervantion from any staff member on the forum. At least roccat had the balls to help.

Associate
broken wheel

Well my scroll wheel lasted 6 months. last night i had to give the buttons a clean as i got Marmite on them, i gave them a quick wipe and straight after the scroll wheel wasn't responding. maybe i pressed down too hard on one of the buttons?!

I've contacted Roccat today so hopefully i should get a response soon.

Associate
I had also the same problem with my Roccat Version 1 mouse that forced me to ask for a replacement. It seems that there was a generic problem with the wheel of the first version of the mouse that made it to broke very easy. Mine broke after six months. A quick search in different forums revealed the wheel problem. Roccat company got familiar with that problem and released Kone V2 which they support is more resilient. However I do not understand why OcUK do not agree to replace the mouse with that of another brand. They behave like they want to punish us for choosing a faulty product that they sell. What happens if the wheel of the Kone V2, which is considered more 'resilient' breaks in one year when the warranty expires. What then???

Back
Top Bottom