Roccat Kone Mouse - Wheel Broken ...

Soldato
Have some trust. Yes it is a perfect mouse, except for the wheel. It breaks, a lot, with everyone who has the mouse. It is acknowledged by roccat who can't fix it so it seems.

Nothing about trust, merely me wanting to read what came from the company for myself as future referenceshould anything happen to mine.

Soldato
I really want one of these Roccat mice, drawn between this and the G5. All the reports of the broken mouse wheels are well and truly putting me off. It's a shame because if it wasn't for the mouse wheel fault Roccat would have an excellent product going on what people are saying.

Soldato
lol, ive bound the DPI up button to universal scroll so i can push that and have the same effect as pushing middle mouse.

I think it breaks a lot due to me pressing down then having to drag it around... but still. IT shouldnt break.

Ham

Ham

Associate
My wheel broke today :(

Had it for around 3 months... To the people that have received replacements - did you just fill out the support form on the Roccat website?

Ham

Ham

Associate
Thanks. Was a Christmas present from my girlfriend... have submitted a ticket to the store she bought it from.

Shame they've got this problem, has been a great mouse up until now.

Soldato
So they lied about a new mouse wheel being installed?
If by new mouse you mean the Kova, not really liking the look of it personally.

well it broke hath, so I'd say its a clear indication nothing changed :)

only seen some blueprints and a clay model of the new mouse. However it uses the same laser /whatever as the g5.i think?

Associate
i've taken mine to bits after too many RMA's, trusty G5 for now.

i can see where the issue is and i am gonna look at getting a metal replacement made up, this mouse is far too nice and far too comfortable to just let it go.

lil bit of CNC'd alluminium and it should be good to go.

Back
Top Bottom