ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO

Associate
Whats the error on the top left corner?
If you got a brand new board you have to install the bios 0902 at least. Mine didn't boot after building it. Took me one hour to figure out that I had to flash it -_-

Poor CPU :(
Is it working at least or got killed by the motherboard?
Anyhow, welcome to Asus spontaneous overvoltage club.[

I'm sure it's working the motherboard switched it off should be fine never switched it on again it's not worth the risk.

I have had CPUs heat up before they can take a lot of heat but it's not wise to keep using it and it will not switch on until it's cooled down anyway

Associate
Whats the error on the top left corner?
If you got a brand new board you have to install the bios 0902 at least. Mine didn't boot after building it. Took me one hour to figure out that I had to flash it -_-

Flashed it to 0902, re-seated CPU, RAM and GPU (after draining and stripping the WC loop for the 2nd time today) and hey presto, it works. Thanks for the advice, although I suspect it was user error on my part, probably GPU not seated correctly. Now I have the fun of putting my loop back together, but that can wait until tomorrow. :D

Soldato
Flashed it to 0902, re-seated CPU, RAM and GPU (after draining and stripping the WC loop for the 2nd time today) and hey presto, it works. Thanks for the advice, although I suspect it was user error on my part, probably GPU not seated correctly. Now I have the fun of putting my loop back together, but that can wait until tomorrow. :D

Good one :)

Associate
How hot does it need to be to kill a CPU and presumably it will smoke and melt I'm guessing we'll over 100 degrees

What cpu did you have? If you had an X you should be able to take 20 from the 90 you had. It should shutdown before its get near a temp that could cause long term damage (running at high temps for long periods will cause damage but short periods should be fine)

Associate
What cpu did you have? If you had an X you should be able to take 20 from the 90 you had. It should shutdown before its get near a temp that could cause long term damage (running at high temps for long periods will cause damage but short periods should be fine)

Yes it is an x and yes it did shut down so should be fine

Soldato
Been running my PC with 2*8GB (Duel Rank) just to make sure it was ok. I just put 2 more 8GB (Duel Rank) sticks in so 4 total and it booted fine and at 2133. My B350 did not POST with all 4 in until I updated the BIOS and then it would only run them at 1866 so was surprised that they run at 2133 (they are 2133 sticks).

Last edited:
Associate
Been running my PC with 2*8GB (Duel Rank) just to make sure it was ok. I just put 2 more 8GB (Duel Rank) sticks in so 4 total and it booted fine and at 2133. My B350 did not POST with all 4 in until I updated the BIOS and then it would only run them at 1866 so was supplied that they run at 2133 (they are 2133 sticks).

Which CPU and cooler are you using?

Soldato
X1800 with H100i V2, I also ran the CPUZ stress test and put my hand on the radiator to test if it got hot but it hardly changed. Max CPU temp was 41C, this is very strange. The AM4 bracket needs to come as I am not convinced it on properly.

Back
Top Bottom