ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO

Associate
i got the new Asus maximus IX hero its a lovely motherboard for the i7 7700k, nice neat layout. I've always gone for Gigabyte boards to tweak and play around. i think i miss Gigabyte boards as they offer 2 different Ethernet controllers onboard, where are Asus just sticked to the intel ones. I dont have a window case so i turned off the fancy led lights

Associate
So should everyone set a manual voltage to run on the board even if not overclocked? I have seen mine spike at 1.5 on stock settings.
I would've thought it safest way with all platforms:) even z170 or z270 can sometimes pump unnecessary voltage to the processor just because...auto

Associate
I think? Mines been ok since 902 bios update, it does turn itself off when pc is turned on (only happens rarely) then boots up ok, my 1700 is oc to one of the presets (think 3.8) and im using 2 sicks corsair 16gb 2400 .
That combined with my new 1080 ti is fantastic with my rift :)

Last edited:
Associate
Today I got an Adata XPG S8000 NVME drive, got it running my OS just fine, but getting some really weird speeds with simple tasks like unzipping folders - in some cases down to 1MB/S.

Seems to score OK on crystalmark but if I look under the Boot/NVME section of my board it says it can't find anything (despite the fact it boots and runs).

Has anybody had anything similar with their NVME? Does yours populate in BIOS?

BIOS 1001 here.

Associate
Hi, my C6H is finally up and running.
The custom cooling loop costed one weekend. Lesson learned: Not all O-rings are the same even if they are looking like the same.
Running the Rzyen 1700X, 4 Sticks of DDR4 ram (Avexir Core Series Red Led DDR4-2400, CL16 32GB kit) designed for Intel quad channel (I know, not the best choice for Ryzen) , M.2 disk TeamGroup T-Force Cardea 480GB and a EVGA Geforce 1080.

I'm running the BIOS 0038. For the next time I'm not planning fancy things like OC or led light stipes. At the moment I'm happy that the system is running stable and the custom water cooling loop is properly controlled over PWM signals. The RAM is only stable running at 2133. For the moment I can live with that. As all C6H owners I'm waiting for a improved BIOS from Asus. The M.2 disk is properly shown in the BIOS.

Soldato
Has anyone carried out sound checks on this board? That is my plan for the next weekend. I sold my Xonar essence STX, hoping the CH6 sound to be good enough.

In other news, my FX9590 sold for > £100 so I'm happy :)

Soldato
Has anyone carried out sound checks on this board? That is my plan for the next weekend. I sold my Xonar essence STX, hoping the CH6 sound to be good enough.

In other news, my FX9590 sold for > £100 so I'm happy :)
I tested the front headphone jack just to make sure it was connected, sound was OK, think the headphones make the biggest difference so if you have a good set it will sound good. I don’t use the mobo’s sound as I have my pc’s going into a mix amp and then into an amp so I can have sound from both PC’s.

Associate
I tested the front headphone jack just to make sure it was connected, sound was OK, think the headphones make the biggest difference so if you have a good set it will sound good. I don’t use the mobo’s sound as I have my pc’s going into a mix amp and then into an amp so I can have sound from both PC’s.
Ive used the front headphone jack whilst playing Titanfall 2 , i think my ps4 pro sounded beter tbh

Associate
I tried updating my bios to 101 from 902 but my pc wouldnt boot,q code went straight to 8.
Reflashed to 902 again and it booted ok with code 24 (whateva that means)
Reason i tried to flash was i noticed my cpu speed was going from 3.8 to 1.1 like that in a loop ?
Its isnt doing it now since i flashed it back but i havnt had much chance to test it much.
Any idea why it wouldnt post after flashing to 101 guys?

Back
Top Bottom