ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO

Soldato
Ive used the front headphone jack whilst playing Titanfall 2 , i think my ps4 pro sounded beter tbh
The back ports are meant to be better as the front can pick up noise from the cable that goes through the case, don’t know how much difference it makes. I also turn all Windows Sound Enhancements off.

Associate
CBrun40.jpg

Just got CB to run at 1.375 BIOS vCore, need to Realbench now. x62 finally fitted, sick of waiting for NZXT AM4 bracket so just used some brown parcel tapes to my board - hopefully it doesn't mark it.

Last edited:
Associate
Very tidy job, and looks great!

Thanks pal. Only fly in the ointment is the rear fan covering the LED, need to ziptie some stuff, PSU extensions for VGA/ATX and then hopefully I can actually use the computer for something instead of staring at a BIOS :)

Realbench 15m stress passed, though had to up vcore to 1.396 / LLC 3, with 1.4v on the RAM.

benchpass15m.jpg

Associate
So which bracket did you use to get the Kraken on there?

Also which case is that?

NZXT S340 Elite.

The bracket is an AM3 bracket that cost me £4.50 on Prime Same Day delivery. Hopefully OCUK don't mind a link being posted, here. As soon as NZXT get their **** together I'll swap it over, but it seems solid enough to hold it in, temps suggest a decent contact. One thing I could mention though is the NZXT stand mounts are crappy, if I pulled on them enough they flex around when screwed in, used a driver to tighten them sufficiently as I couldn't do it with fingers tight enough.

Eitherway, working beautifully now.

Associate
I found the same thing with the mounts and i was getting a rubbish contact so i am not risking it until i get the new brackets.

I know this is not right place to post this, where can i buy i PSU shroud like you have in you case?

Associate
I found the same thing with the mounts and i was getting a rubbish contact so i am not risking it until i get the new brackets.

I know this is not right place to post this, where can i buy i PSU shroud like you have in you case?

I'm not sure it is possible to do so. Mine obviously came with the case.

Soldato
Yeah i would like something like that it looks neat, never seen a full tower case come with one...
Did you send your C6H back? I have just ordered a new backplane as the one that’s on is not holding the block properly so going to try a Dynatron DY-PBK-AM2, says it’s for AM2/AM3. If this is not ok think I will put the h100iV2 on MM and get something else.

Associate
Did you send your C6H back? I have just ordered a new backplane as the one that’s on is not holding the block properly so going to try a Dynatron DY-PBK-AM2, says it’s for AM2/AM3. If this is not ok think I will put the h100iV2 on MM and get something else.

I haven't sent it back yet but I will be doing tomorrow.

I have ordered the k7

Soldato
It’s probably doing more self-testing as its very new, after a few updates it will settle. My X99 PC takes longer but it has a lot of hardware to initialize compared to the X370 PC.

Back
Top Bottom