ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO

Associate
Anyone else having fan trouble with their C6H? I replaced the stock fans with Corsair ML120's and they don't seem very controllable, when I run the optimisation utility in Fan Xpert it only reads being able to go at exactly 1k rpm, not all the way up to 2k or any lower.

I've tried reinstalling it a few times already to see if that will fix it without any luck.

PLEASE HELP

Associate
My fans seem to be stuck at 1300~rpm if I use case fan 2 (I think). They are plugged into a PWM hub. If I plug them into the cpu header they are stuck at 300~ rpm.

So for the time being I have unplugged one fan from my hub and plugged that into my cpu header and the rest into case fan 2 but I still get a fan error when it boots up which requires me to go into the bios to clear :/

Reading around the fan control is a bit broken at the moment and I think I saw something about an issue being fixed in the next bios.

Associate
My fans seem to be stuck at 1300~rpm if I use case fan 2 (I think). They are plugged into a PWM hub. If I plug them into the cpu header they are stuck at 300~ rpm.

So for the time being I have unplugged one fan from my hub and plugged that into my cpu header and the rest into case fan 2 but I still get a fan error when it boots up which requires me to go into the bios to clear :/

Reading around the fan control is a bit broken at the moment and I think I saw something about an issue being fixed in the next bios.

Thanks for this, I thought I was just losing my marbles and being really stupid somehow, this is exactly what I needed to hear haha. It's weird that it appears to get stuck at either 1300 or 300 in your case, for me regardless of using PWM or DC it'd be the same, does it behave the same if you don't use PWM fans?

Associate
I have tried with the single fan plugged into the cpu header in both DC and PWM and saw the same issue. No matter what I do with the fan curves there is no change in how they act. Temperature also makes no difference to the RPM.

Associate
I have tried with the single fan plugged into the cpu header in both DC and PWM and saw the same issue. No matter what I do with the fan curves there is no change in how they act. Temperature also makes no difference to the RPM.

If it's 4 pin, it's PWM, if it's 3 pin it's not PWM compliant and will instead run at 100% based on whatever voltage is being delivered. Unless you have some fancy hub that's converting it for you.

In my case, my kraken fans are plugged in to CPU_FAN via PWM and are fully controllable in software. My 2x 120mm 3 pin case fans will only scale correctly when using the chassis fan headers (1 next to ATX, 1 next to bottom of I/O shield and one next to HD Audio socket). In my case, I have a 3 pin adapter which is plugged in to a single header, and both of my fans plug in to this, they are then also fully controlled in software.

Try using Speedfan or whatever if you have issues with ASUS software, might be less cumbersome.

Associate
Sorry I meant I have tried both 4 and 3 pin fans (all my normal ones are 3 pin plugged into the Phanteks PWM hub) with the same outcome but I think there are some issues with the bios when it comes to getting the qfan thing working correctly the first time so that may of caused the 4 pin not to work. I am sure I have read something about it not working correctly with 3 pin fans at the moment.

Associate
Anyone else having fan trouble with their C6H? I replaced the stock fans with Corsair ML120's and they don't seem very controllable, when I run the optimisation utility in Fan Xpert it only reads being able to go at exactly 1k rpm, not all the way up to 2k or any lower.

I've tried reinstalling it a few times already to see if that will fix it without any luck.

PLEASE HELP
Do you have the latest bios?

Associate
Sorry I meant I have tried both 4 and 3 pin fans (all my normal ones are 3 pin plugged into the Phanteks PWM hub) with the same outcome but I think there are some issues with the bios when it comes to getting the qfan thing working correctly the first time so that may of caused the 4 pin not to work. I am sure I have read something about it not working correctly with 3 pin fans at the moment.

You have it configured via Qfan in BIOS? I'm using the Asus AI Suite to control my case fans.

Associate
Just to give you guys an update i spoke to OCUK yesterday and they are expecting Gigabyte boards any day and the brackets for the krakens in April which is sounds really bad.

Back
Top Bottom