ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO

Associate
Overall got 2 things with CH6 that I hope future bioses will fix:
- aura lights on heatsinks are on when computer is off (even with option disabled in bios). It was working in the beginning and then it stopped at some point...not sure
- fan xpert, seems like for me if I set different sensor to control temps it will still control fans based on CPU temp (checked with bios and software control), anybody got that properly working?

Soldato
- aura lights on heatsinks are on when computer is off (even with option disabled in bios). It was working in the beginning and then it stopped at some point...not sure
- fan xpert, seems like for me if I set different sensor to control temps it will still control fans based on CPU temp (checked with bios and software control), anybody got that properly working?
I found Aura to be a bit of a random mess when the pc is shut down or in sleep mode, opening the aura software and clicking default can help but it does not last.
The fan control is also messed up, I don’t use fan expert as I don’t install AI suite, I use the BIOS. Wish they would do a separate app for fan control as I don’t want all the other stuff.

Associate

Have you tried both options ?

the one in the onboard section and this one Advanced/rog effects/led disable ? mine are off when i power down the machine.. I have both the LED options and the rog effects options disabled. They used to turn off with just one option (cant remember what bios) but now i need to fiddle around with both options. bios 1002

Associate
Yes both :/ rog options are only for on board leds like for hdd. The other option is set to off while pc is off. Read on other forums that there is more ppl like me with this issue. Not a biggy...But still lights up my bedroom a bit.

Fan control is a bit more dodgy as sometimes fans don't move on the curve (just freeze on the specific speed) and also had situation where they just switched off (cpu headers)... Got WC So there was still cooling, but not the safest situation.

Soldato
Got my replacement and nothing appears broken, but there's a fingerprint and some weird stains on the audio chip :confused:

I don't know if it will actually affect the function, but have any of you chaps seen this sort of thing before and would recommend another RMA or should I just build the thing already?
Will it wipe clean? If so I would keep it, if the surface is damaged I would send it back. ASUS needs to improve the QC.

Last edited:
Soldato
Got my replacement and nothing appears broken, but there's a fingerprint and some weird stains on the audio chip :confused:

I don't know if it will actually affect the function, but have any of you chaps seen this sort of thing before and would recommend another RMA or should I just build the thing already?

Exactly the same finger print on mine... possibly just the assembly as that's actually a plastic cover I think. Works fine... other than that same as pic 1/2 for yours so it's normal. That said I did think something was missing in those trays too!

Associate
Wiped the fingerprint clean, but the stains still left a few small marks, hopefully no problem as the audio seems to work fine.

Got the system up and running after assembling all day :)

So far, so good.

Associate
New Aura software released just few days ago fixed it for me:)

Soldato
Wiped the fingerprint clean, but the stains still left a few small marks, hopefully no problem as the audio seems to work fine.

Got the system up and running after assembling all day :)

So far, so good.

I know what you mean mine took me 4.5 hours to assemble as I was being careful and had not built a PC for years from scratch. Forgot to plug in one of the power cables so all the lights came on but it would not power on :)

Associate
When I booted it up I tried out the EZ Wizard to configure the system, it picked some sort of Gamer profile with a CPU frequency of 3296 Mhz and memory is 2197 Mhz. My RAM is 3200Mhz! Later on I tried to set it all to Auto and set the RAM to 3200Mhz and had error code 0d and it just wouldn't boot :(

Associate
Soldato
Real shame it doesn't cool the VRM caps, in fact it looks like it may increase the temps on them as the airflow from the front fans/rad are now going to be blowing over them. Or am I seeing this incorrectly?

Dunno, looked to me like it had blocks shaped for the VRMs from the pictures ok EKWB?

Back
Top Bottom