ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO

Soldato
Anyone tested the new 1106 bios out to improve ram speeds, got my 3200mhz corsair vengeance running at 2666mhz.

I was lucky left everything on defaults , chose 2933 in BIOS manually and my Corsair RAM works fine at that speed. It won't boot at 3200 yet. (On 1002, not risking anything else until it gets a good response.)

Last edited:
Associate
https://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards/ROG-CROSSHAIR-VI-HERO/HelpDesk_Download/

Two updates:

Audio driver/SW: 27th April
New BIOS 1106: 27th April

I assume it's the same code as Elmor's beta release and so comes with issues? No idea why they would post that as official without fixing it first. Anybody have confirmation that it's a fixed version of the prior Beta?

*EDIT*
Do not use this BIOS.

Last edited:
Associate
hmm ssome people are finding the CROSSHAIR VI HERO BIOS 1106 update a nightmare for overclocking and they are also having issues rolling back to previous bios settings. Other people are finding it a lot easier to overclock and getting good ram settings..

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?92905-CROSSHAIR-VI-HERO-BIOS-1106-Update-AGESA-to-1-0-0-4a I would read this before even attempting it.

If you do try the bios and get stuck on it follow this that someone posted on rog forums.

Download your last Bios I.E. 0082 or 0083

1. Rename C6H.cap and place it on a Fat32 usb
2. Insert into the Bios flashback port on the IO
3. Turn off pc, flip your Power Supply switch / break power and push clear CMOS
^ This is what is often overlooked
4. Power up your Power supply but do not turn on
5. Now press and hold the flashback button until it starts flashing and release

cant seem to find what updates with the 1106.. I think it will probably be best to wait and see how others get on with this bios before i update.

Last edited:
Associate
To be honest if I can get my ram up to 2933 as dark horizon said I think I'll be happy at that for now and wait for a proper BIOS update with no bugs etc. I'm currently overclocking the 1700x to 3800Mhz and it's stable at stock voltage, temps are fine etc. and the machine runs everything like a dream!

OcUK Staff
if temps are fine on previous Bios you change no settings.... temps are then fine with new bios. I dont see any issue here its all relative. Same settings temps are same whatever the bios says!!!

Soldato
if temps are fine on previous Bios you change no settings.... temps are then fine with new bios. I dont see any issue here its all relative. Same settings temps are same whatever the bios says!!!
Yes but the fans run higher as it thinks its hot. It might be OK as the load temp are ok(60C). I will keep it as DRAM V is a lot better, was 1.417v before, now it's 1.264v @2400.

Soldato
I just set the fans in the BIOS, most can run at full and it's not a big problem (sp120 qe) but I have a ML 140mm that is loud on anything over 40%. Does not look to be boosting to 4.1 now but maybe the software cannot pick it up? Also Cinebench single core score is down to 146.

Associate
Well i installed the latest bios, it seems stable enough... Doesn't seem to help with memory settings for me. Yes the CPU temp recorded in the bios does seem well off but desktop monitoring looks normal my end. Word of warning i am stuck on this bios now haha

I have gone through all sorts of ways to try and get back to 1002 but its not having it. The bios no longer seems to recognise C6H.CAP file names or the full bios names given on download.. Also trying to use flashback seems to have the same issue. I will have a play about a litle more.

cancel that i was being stupid and didn't have my usb stick formatted to fat32.. flashback via the usb oi port on the back does work..

Last edited:
Soldato
Got up this morning and I have a code 8 on the crosshair board and nothing I ave tried will get it out of code 8, anyone got any ideas I have tried to reseat the cpu, reseat the ram, 1 stick of ram, no ram and nothing has worked.

Back
Top Bottom