ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO

Associate
I've got mine to run almost how I would like. If there is a serious problem with these board then im sure ASUS will do a recall and replace them all with v2.2

Associate
I had various issues at first. Couldn't get it to post at all. Bios update got it to boot up, but the memory I was using refused to work on anything other than "auto" settings. I replaced the memory with Corsair Vengeance LPX and I can now run the memory at the rated speed. Overclock on my 1700 is set to 3.85ghz. The only issue I have now is that I can't get my bus speed to work any higher than 110, even with SOC voltage set to 1.2v.

Associate
Yay, mine bundle (1700X and CH6) is out for delivery. Anyway, tommorow and saturday will be busy days, so maybe only on saturdays evening will build all together.
Because it will be upgrade from i5-750, I will be fine without any OCs and with RAM at 2666 or even less (can wait for more stable bios) :)

Ok, as I know, to not brick it, all I have to do disable auto bios update, not to install all **** soft from asus cd, and not to play with OCs?

Associate
Yay, mine bundle (1700X and CH6) is out for delivery. Anyway, tommorow and saturday will be busy days, so maybe only on saturdays evening will build all together.
Because it will be upgrade from i5-750, I will be fine without any OCs and with RAM at 2666 or even less (can wait for more stable bios) :)

Ok, as I know, to not brick it, all I have to do disable auto bios update, not to install all **** soft from asus cd, and not to play with OCs?
Asus said there is a chance for new bios this week that will prevent from bricking, so you might have it if you're lucky just in time:p

Associate
I have a CH6 on (pre?!)order... anxiously awaiting them as the rest of my components sit in a pile in the middle of my office.

There is one thing I'm still unsure about. Is the H110i compatible straight out of the box? I bought it because the chart I saw from Corsair said it was, but I seem to see a lot of conflicting information about requiring additional backplates. Do any of you have this exact combo?

Associate
All I remember from my CH6 is that the actual motherboard has the hole spacing for both AM3 and AM4 but I think you might be right on the backplate situation.

Back
Top Bottom