ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO

Associate
Hey Everyone,

I'm relatively new to overclocking, however, I have an issue with my AI Suite here if you look at a;ll the Ram voltages there in red. I can't seem to figure it out, it was running 3200 mhz ram I've low-latency Samsung b dye, ity keeps on falling back to its original preset? any ideas

Please check out the screenshot let me know whether there should be a concerned for the ram voltages or is that normal? below. any advice would be great.
attachment.php

Associate
What colour ram slots you got them in,the manual says put them in the grey ones and I had the same problem as you till I moved them to the black ones.

Thank you, I have them in the gray ones too. guess my nights going to be fun. Do I need to do anything before I move them?

Soldato
ANyone else able to load the drivers page by Asus for this mobo?
Nothings happens for me when I select windows 10x64 from the drop down.
Have tried on ie, chrome and edge browsers!

Associate
Hi All,

I just recently purchased the Asus Crosshair VI Hero (Wi-Fi AC) and using a Ryzen 5 1600x, I have managed to get my GSkill GTZ(A) 3600Mhz to run at the stock speeds of 3600 on the latest BIOS. I have also managed to get 4Ghz on the CPU using a Fractal Design S36 with Thermaltake RIING 12 fans in push pull configuration. The only problem i am now having is the Wi-Fi keeps popping up and down.

Caporegime
Another noob question. I have Trident RGB RAM/NZXT Kraken X52/NZXT Hue+ and 2 fans.

All my RGB items work but I think I have done something wrong. I can't see the Hue+/additional fans in CAM - just the Kraken though I initially had this problem on my old build but it just appeared on day. The fans and Hue+ are clearly being powered. When installing the mobo I do remember seemingly running out of headers to power everything even though the board was littered with all sorts of RGB headers but most seemed to a different shape.

Anything I am missing?

Associate
Noob question (sorry). I have 16 Gb of 8 Pack RAM in a CHVI which I've upated to 1701 BIOS. RAM is in the black slots. I set the mem speed to 3200 and it was fine with that. I read around the forums here and based on some advice I saw selected the Stilts Safe 3200 1.4v profile but it didn't like this and was then running at 2133Mhz

My question is if I just want to back out the changes I've made is the easiest way to get back to default BIOS states to press the reset cmos button on the back of the motherboard ? Also I guess this should be done when the PC is powered down, while I'm in the UEFI or can this even be done while you are in windows ?

Soldato
Hi guys, had a CH6 sitting in a box for a few months waiting for a CPU, just bought a 1700X today, turns up tomorrow.. Whats the best bios for this motherboard and where can i find it? i read some of the Beta BIOS are the best to run? also do i need to download and install the AMD drivers off the AMD site for the chipset etc?

Back
Top Bottom