ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO

Associate
Is there an option on hard bios reset? I updated bios to the latest one on my board but that didn't improve things so I have flashed it back to the last stable one.
But now the memory timings are screwed up and low cas gives me bsod.

Soldato
I have not touched my BIOS for a long while as currently my memory runs stable at 3500 14-14-14-28, do I chance this upgrade, will have a think over the weekend :D

Associate
Can anyone help me get my RAM to overclock?

I'm using the G.Skill Trident Z, it's the CL14 model.

Whenever i attempt to overclock (Auto overclock) to anything i've tried, both 3200 which is what it's rated at and 2933. On reboot the computer turns on then off, then hangs for about 20 seconds, then boots up normally, but task manager always shows a ram speed of 2133Mhz.

Permabanned

Whenever i attempt to overclock (Auto overclock) to anything i've tried, both 3200 which is what it's rated at and 2933. On reboot the computer turns on then off, then hangs for about 20 seconds, then boots up normally, but task manager always shows a ram speed of 2133Mhz.

Get this.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1640919/ryzen-dram-calculator-overclocking-dram/0_30

Follow the instructions. :)

Soldato

The memory is failing the overclock, have you tried increasing DRAM V, there is also a DRAM V boot setting, cant remember proper name but enables you to give the memory a little extra voltage on startup to help it pass post test.

Associate
You can check the actual RAM speed in the BIOS too, if you look at the first screen that pops up. Normally when it takes too long to post, that means overclock has failed.

Back
Top Bottom