ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO

Associate
Do you think the onboard audio will be enough to power beyerdynamic DT 990 Edition 250 Ohm? I'm considering these or maybe the aka 720, if not might just play safe with ausb headset

Soldato
Do you think the onboard audio will be enough to power beyerdynamic DT 990 Edition 250 Ohm? I'm considering these or maybe the aka 720, if not might just play safe with ausb headset

The board can power the 990's but you won't get the best out of them unless you go a dedicated soundcard or AMP/DAC route, It's the same with any motherboard really, Nothing beats a dedicated audio solution.

Associate
Upgraded to the latest official bios and it working fine. Might be tempted to get a Zen+ chip if they can hit 4.1 Mhz on this board but will wait for everyone else to be the testers this time round.

Soldato
I have the 990 250 Ohms and it sounds decent for onboard but don't expect it to go too loud or to get the clarity of a dedicated setup :)

What amp/DAC are you using to run them?

I am thinking about getting a a pair of DT 990 Pros as upgrade over my existing QH-90s but an unsure if running them off the motherboard's audio or getting a cheapish DAC, possibly a FiiO E10K, would give me a good lift in sound quality. I don't want to go too far down the rabbit hole of spending loads on audio.

Associate
I have just got a pair of AKG 702s and coming from a wireless Corsair H2100 I am very impressed, only tried them for about an hour or two, some music and games, R6 Siege, the sound is amazing, easy to pick up enemy locations and ambient sound like radios/steam etc which I had never heard before. Running the 702 on this Mobo with the onboard sound and seems to be fine and loud enough for me. Well chuffed

Soldato
What amp/DAC are you using to run them?

I am thinking about getting a a pair of DT 990 Pros as upgrade over my existing QH-90s but an unsure if running them off the motherboard's audio or getting a cheapish DAC, possibly a FiiO E10K, would give me a good lift in sound quality. I don't want to go too far down the rabbit hole of spending loads on audio.

I'm actually using Creatives new AE-5 soundcard, Honestly the performance on this thing is frakking immense and this is coming from someone with quite a few external AMP/DAC combos, It's definitely better than my Asus STXII and that is an amazing soundcard.

Soldato
In need of more internal USB ports with my setup, How would you have this set up?
I am using the USB 3 internal header for the front panel, and the single USB 2.0 for Corsair link, but want another one.
Is there a cable that converts USB headers at the back to internal ones? I could only find USB to 4 pin converter cable, need it to be 9 pin.

Associate
Internal audio is very noisy/staticky on this mobo IMO. I had some JBL LSR30X hooked up and they were really bringing out the static, an external USB DAC seriously reduced the noise.

Speaking of which, the realtek audio panel has disappeared and i think it left amplification to "Extreme", anyone know how to bring it back? :D

Associate
FYI for anyone interested. 6004 BIOS was unstable for me, resulted in the PC hanging at random times and needing a forced shut down. I found that all the DOCP presets disappeared and could only use Auto or Manual.

Trying the new 6101 bios now. BIOS would fail to read the file off local storage so had to use Internet option in EZFlash.

DOCP Standard still results in Windows booting to Recovery mode, err strange.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
6201 is out. Anyone tried it? Reading reports of fans stopping at random and only a reboot fixes it. May stay on 6101 for the time being.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
So I flashed to 6201 last night but I'm having issues controlling the two front 200mm fans (Bitfenix Spectre Pro RGB) on my Coolermaster H500P Mesh.

Regardless of what I change in both the BIOS, or using AI Suite, they seem to run at full chat and none of the silent/standard/turbo etc. modes work.

According to the BF site, they draw 0.55A (give or take 10%) so I'm guessing I'll need a powered splitter to run them off a single header, as two is potentially pushing it at 1.1A.

I'll add that the rear 140 I have (Corsair ML140) reacts fine to the changes, it just seems to be these BF ones that're giving me some gip.

Just checking if anyone has had any similar issues controlling 3-pin DC fans?

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom