ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO

Associate
looked in the handbook and could not find anything, I have a orange light flashing in the bottom right corner anyone know what this is, every thing seems to be working fine

I think it's something to do with hard drives. It is an annoying impingement on my colour scheme.
I bought some PC cathode tubes a while ago I never used, but they came with sticky velcro pads. This has come up trumps because the pads are little black fuzzy squares and one sticks nicely to the nearby motherboard screw to which I have stuck it and it now neatly blocks the light.

Last edited:
Associate
Lots of you guys have got your systems up and running I still can't get my cooler to fit properly still waiting for the propper bracket I'm kind of jealous now hopefully it won't be too long now

Associate
There is an option to turn off that annoying orange hard drive led.. Not near my PC at the moment but i think it is somewhere in the onboard options if not in the monitoring section.

Will have a look when i get in and let you guys know.

To turn the annoying HD LED off

Advanced/rog effects/led disable

This only turns off the start/restart buttons at the bottom fo the motherboard and the orange HD LED. It does not turn off the cpu/ddr/gpu led indicators or the LED error codes.

Last edited:
Soldato
There is an option to turn off that annoying orange hard drive led.. Not near my PC at the moment but i think it is somewhere in the onboard options if not in the monitoring section.

Will have a look when i get in and let you guys know.

To turn the annoying HD LED off

Advanced/rog effects/led disable

This only turns off the start/restart buttons at the bottom fo the motherboard and the orange HD LED. It does not turn off the cpu/ddr/gpu led indicators or the LED error codes.

Never knew that, cheers mate! :)

Associate
Never knew that, cheers mate! :)

Just had a thought, i hadn't checked that HD annoying LED for a little while, i am pretty sure it was the option i mentioned above that turned it off. If it isn't the only other thing i have turned off on the mobo is the LED phase lighting that comes with the board.. that option is under advanced under onboard settings.. pretty sure it is the rog effects/led disable that did it though.

Soldato
New BIOS on ASUS site(1002).

Updated from 902 --> 1002:
Cinebench went from 1600 --> 1647
Looks like the new BIOS has set the RAM to T1
Temps look more realistic: idle:29C, load:50C

Last edited:
Soldato
Nice one thanks for the update.

Can you still update using the USB method with the system off?
I updated from in the BIOS, Flashback should still work through.

Is anyone using more than 2 sticks of memory?
I have 4*8GB (single rank) and it runs ok, have also tried 4*8GB (duel rank) and that ran fine. 4 sticks cannot get the frequency as high as two stick though.

Last edited:
Associate
Hey got my board set up yesterday I have had a little play around with the settings for some reason no matter what I try it wont let me set any of the voltages manually I can change everything else apart from voltages I am on the 902 bios, so for now I have just used the 4ghz overclock in the BIOS settings the CPU Vcore is around 1.4-1.439v seems a bit high but the VID is what is worrying me it is running @1.550v according to HWMonitor just wondering if that seems ok or not?

Associate
It messed up my manual fan settings. Otherwise, there are several issues it fixed, and I am getting higher FPS. Overclock is a little more stable, and it put me back to 1T timings at 3200 CAS 14. I am happy going to 1002.

Back
Top Bottom